• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Open question:
Of the boots and shoes available, which models, in ranking order of both personal preference and as objective as possible, do you believe make more sense to prioritize getting in shell over calf? Also pretend the horror: you have an empty shoe closet.

By the looks of it, i’m trending to only likely be able to pick up one pair. We are considering purchasing a new car or suv towards the end of the year so wallet is tightening up.

Probably going to go with the Chili since it is this trunk show’s bourbon.
Personal preference would be to get a plain toe style in shell over calf, which is the HM, Leeds, and Dundee. The blank canvas really highlights the characteristics of shell. The Dalton is a great one to get now since there is an option to have a reverse welt, which I really feel matches the style well. I also think a Strand with a double sole and reverse welt would look great, too.

Given that everything amounts to personal style choices, all I can offer up as objective is get a style/color combo that suits you and is not ordinarily available.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So. Good. That is the perfect makeup for that boot. Seriously, the Longbranch should be offered in that makeup year-round. It's like it was designed for Dublin to begin with. Seriously, just getting rid of the gumlite sole on the Longbranch makes it look waaaaaaaaaay better.

Could you imagine a Dublin trunk show with these options:

Boots:
Higgins Mill
Longbranch (or Dalton)
Eagle County (or First Avenue)
Dundee

Shoes:
Strand
Leeds
Randolph
Macneil
Rogue
Players

Give us choices of tan, natural, cognac, navy, green, burgundy, dark brown, and black.

I know a lot of you are salivating about the upcoming cordovan trunk show, but this is the one that would geek me out the hardest.
Since Horween English Tan Dublin Leather has been mentioned, from way back in the MTO days, my Horween English Tan Dublin Leather McGillicuddys.

P1140665.jpeg

McGillicuddys are McAllisters with split reverse welts, antique brass eyelets, Dainite soles, Poron insoles and flat laces.

Although the Poron insoles somehow got left out and was offered a remake, declined since I didn't want to jeopardize the MTO program.

Originally ordered these in walnut grain. Was informed there was a cutting error and there was no more walnut grain leather left. Was sent a sample of chili grain leather. Thought the color was too similar to some Horween Cognac Dublin Leather shoes I had at that time, so decided on Horween English Tan Dublin Leather.

They have darkened over time. The little bit of tongue showing on the right shoe (on the left in this picture) is closer to the original color.

Shortly after that someone posted a picture in the A-E MTO thread of some chili grain McAllisters.

Added this to my Spaggia regret. Regret not getting white suede Spaggias and regret not getting these shoes in chili grain.

(Note for younger members: McGilliddy is Lucy Ricardo's maiden name.)

donkeyhoatie

Reaction score
Since Horween English Tan Dublin Leather has been mentioned, from way back in the MTO days, my Horween English Tan Dublin Leather McGillicuddys.

View attachment 1228896

McGillicuddys are McAllisters with split reverse welts, antique brass eyelets, Dainite soles, Poron insoles and flat laces.

Although the Poron insoles somehow got left out and was offered a remake, declined since I didn't want to jeopardize the MTO program.

Originally ordered these in walnut grain. Was informed there was a cutting error and there was no more walnut grain leather left. Was sent a sample of chili grain leather. Thought the color was too similar to some Horween Cognac Dublin Leather shoes I had at that time, so decided on Horween English Tan Dublin Leather.

They have darkened over time. The little bit of tongue showing on the right shoe (on the left in this picture) is closer to the original color.

Shortly after that someone posted a picture in the A-E MTO thread of some chili grain McAllisters.

Added this to my Spaggia regret. Regret not getting white suede Spaggias and regret not getting these shoes in chili grain.

I wanted to like this twice. Once for the McGillicuddys and another for the quarter sawn white oak on either side of them.

woofmang

Reaction score

View attachment 1228896

Lucy! Joo got some 'splainin' to do!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My understanding is they're not selling shaved until 6pm when the "event" happens; chili and others all day.
@ae_ashley ?
You have it exactly right. Stores can ring orders all day, but shaved waits until six pm, when the mixer starts and the snacks come out, lol.

MajorDash

Reaction score
You have it exactly right. Stores can ring orders all day, but shaved waits until six pm, when the mixer starts and the snacks come out, lol.
Right, but unless they just draw names out of a hat, it would be whoever was there first right? So ideally you’d want to be in the store as soon as it opened to make sure you were the first in line to guarantee your pair if it were truly first come.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.