• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As an alternative plan, you might consider a more aggressive wipe down with a damp microfiber instead of dialing up a more aggressive restore. I suspect the approach your planning is going to bring them a LONG way back to looking newish. Really up to you in terms of the look you are after (obviously).
I have done a very aggressive damp microfiber wipe down/scrub, the worst of the dirt has come off, once dry am going to brush, then VSC and see how they look.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I have done a very aggressive damp microfiber wipe down/scrub, the worst of the dirt has come off, once dry am going to brush, then VSC and see how they look.

Cool! Be sure to post a pic of them dried (and brushed) prior to VSC. For science. I always love the step by step...

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you postal employee that delivered these today...
View attachment 1227636
Burgundy shell Leeds - courtesy of ebay - I hope they fit!
View attachment 1227638

Burgundy beaters today, also courtesy of the bay.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool! Be sure to post a pic of them dried (and brushed) prior to VSC. For science. I always love the step by step...
Well, screwed that up, as they have dried and VSC is on them (which they soaked up like crazy) Going to leave that on for a few hours then brush again.

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great. Have you resoled them or is that the original Christy sole? If not, how often have you worn them since 2014?

Still the original Christy sole, which only has a slight bit of wear on the inside of both heels, but I've probably put about 100-150 days of wear on these over that 5 year period. I think they look a bit rougher than they should only because I've worn them through some heavy use cases - snow slushing, deck staining, yard work, etc

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imagine a Dublin Trunk Show... Dublin HM, Strand, MacNeil!

I was holding out hope that this upcoming Trunk show was going to include Dublin. I would have been first in line for a Dublin HM. To date, it is my number one wish for an AE makeup. The only thing that could make me happier than a Dublin trunk show that included the HM would be to have one that revived the Eagle County as well. AE could have taken all my money with that kind of show.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was holding out hope that this upcoming Trunk show was going to include Dublin. I would have been first in line for a Dublin HM. To date, it is my number one wish for an AE makeup. The only thing that could make me happier than a Dublin trunk show that included the HM would be to have one that revived the Eagle County as well. AE could have taken all my money with that kind of show.
+1 on the Eagle County!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
with my luck a Dublin Trunk Show would only include styles made in D, E, and EEE.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What doesn’t work with suede?
Cavanaugh. I have a pair of those and they look like house slippers. Sea Islands with that match every time.

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, a question for the fashionistas.
Does the Fifth Street only work with dress slacks/suits or can it be dressed down successfully?
I like the look, and could use another boot (shell Dalton is it right now) and was thinking the FS would be nice in chili shell. However, as an engineer, I rarely wear suits. I just thought a boot, in shell, with toe perfing might work as a less formal look.
Feel free to correct me. My wife does.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, a question for the fashionistas.
Does the Fifth Street only work with dress slacks/suits or can it be dressed down successfully?
I like the look, and could use another boot (shell Dalton is it right now) and was thinking the FS would be nice in chili shell. However, as an engineer, I rarely wear suits. I just thought a boot, in shell, with toe perfing might work as a less formal look.
Feel free to correct me. My wife does.

I’d say you’re good to go with jeans and chinos as long as you don’t do like... black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads