• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In for Costa Mesa.
I work like 10min away from South Coast Plaza.
Looks like there will be a good showing there.
Ill be there around 4pm and im down to meet up and buy shell early.
Ill be there for the event too and after for dinner/drinks - might as well wait out traffic.

@ProfilaBinding @ptfly - i like the lighter navy color off the shoebank too. Some have posted the midnight navy here and i do prefer regular navy although i fear that both AE website and shoebank are actually the same shoe.

If there's any doubt, check the style number. Names and descriptions will differ from the AE site and shoebank, but the colors are the same.

South Coast Plaza: We should determine if there's going to be a dinner before the trunk show or after. I will likely not be able to stay for the after party, but if we had it before the 6 pm TS start, I would attend.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there's any doubt, check the style number. Names and descriptions will differ from the AE site and shoebank, but the colors are the same.

South Coast Plaza: We should determine if there's going to be a dinner before the trunk show or after. I will likely not be able to stay for the after party, but if we had it before the 6 pm TS start, I would attend.

I could definitely go after, but before would depend on the pace of the business. I'm there to help the store, after all.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rains came so I pulled a switcheroo. The LBs stepped up.

IMG_20190821_162001.jpg
IMG_20190821_172607.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Model #s similar so im gonna guess theyre both midnight navy.
View attachment 1227871 View attachment 1227870
That's them. The S is for seconds
Has the new released of boots been dkscussed here yet? Just saw them all online now
The non-HMs probably 50-100 pages back, shell HMs probably 15 pages back? So, yeah, in the past week or three they were. There's a Hamilton on foot posted this week, maybe this morning or yesterday.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thinking about filling whatever gap I leave here with the opposite color in suede.
If we get a preview of the blue/green to know if one of them is very dark, I think that would make up your mind. If one of the shell is dark, get it if you skew formal.

daveyisgreat

Reaction score
I just signed up here after finding out about the trunk show. I'm super tempted and super torn. Super serially considering attending at the Michigan Ave. store. Question though: anyone have any experience/comparisons between the 1757 last and Aldens Trubalance or Barrie lasts?

Chicagobred

Reaction score
Does anybody have either the Surrey Derby Shoe in Nubuck (1757 last) or or the Nomad Penny Loafer in oiled snuffed suede (42N last)? I'm a 9D in the 65 last and the 606 last, and I'm wondering if I would fit in these shoes true-to-size. Also any impressions of the leathers, whether they age well or look better/worse in person. Thank you!
Surrey Derby.jpg
Nomad Penny.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads