• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the Itshide sole, I need to send these off to get resoled with a pair of those.

IMG-1273.JPG

I'm eagerly excited to see chili shell as I have a bonus check burning a hole in my wallet.

schweezly

Reaction score
I’d heard it rumored but didn’t know if it was true...looks like the Higgins is now available in cordovan

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's going to work well then I think. It's not as drastic as the AT sole, but honestly will give you more purchase and better wear than the Alden variant. Since the Itshide isn't just a topper for the leather sole you don't have to worry about it peeling loose. Oh, and scratch the commando on the HM I mentioned (I was remembering wrong). You can check out the TS pics from Feb; there were several HMs with the Itshide sole as well as Bagley's and ace's shark HMs with Itshide.
My shark is on double dainite!

I’d heard it rumored but didn’t know if it was true...looks like the Higgins is now available in cordovan

This is good news for the masses, or will they even get it?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

These were supposed to hit last year, but the camo variant won. Glad they finally did it. I think they did a good job with the specs too. Brown with a buff edge and burgundy with black. Now, if they'd just back off the dainite! :p

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since it's a new color theres obviously uncertainty. However, keep in mind that @ae_ashley described it as a lighter and more brown version of garnet. To me, that almost seems like what natural shell looks like after a bunch of wear..or perhaps the caramel color that rancourt has after some wear. Both of these can skew reddish to my eyes but are still light.

Yeah, it will be tough to tell until we see the real thing. Here are pictures, left to right, of bourbon, natty and whiskey in the shade and in the sun. I have a pair of whiskey LWBs on order, so they would have to compete with the bourpon and natty already.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More like installment payments. I'm using Rancourt as an example here:

I've become very averse to debt and avoid installment payments for anything other than a house or a car. We even pay for home improvements out of pocket. In the past I've used installment payment plans when the financing is interest-free. Amazon sometimes lets you pay for purchases in 5 interest-free installments, and I've used that method to buy one of those Herman Miller chairs, and an iPad Pro. But I probably wouldn't use the installment method to buy anything today. Easy payments make it too easy to buy unnecessary stuff.

Have never used Affirm or any of those other installment payment plans which charge interest. Can't see a scenario in which I'd do that for a luxury purchase.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
times like this I'm glad they don't sell narrow widths

Depends how narrow you need. For example, Carmina does the Rain last in D, EE and EEE widths. EE is roughly equivalent to a US D and Rain D is probably somewhere around a B or C width (don't know for sure as my feet have the opposite problem). Simpson also runs narrow.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Yeah, it will be tough to tell until we see the real thing. Here are pictures, left to right, of bourbon, natty and whiskey in the shade and in the sun. I have a pair of whiskey LWBs on order, so they would have to compete with the bourpon and natty already.

View attachment 1226543

View attachment 1226544

You have such a superb collection. This was not a helpful post since I am currently struggling to not buy a natural nst. Do I NEED them, no...but since when did that matter, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads