• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Remington Cashmere

Reaction score
As you know, I ship out A LOT...but I totally remember you! :) . Appreciate your business and all of the business StyleForum has sent our way. :)
90% of my collection comes from you, you are by far the best store on eBay.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BFT9000

Reaction score
Can't wait for @ae_ashley to post pics of chili and shaved shell!

I won't be able to attend an event in person, but if I could somehow grab a shaved shell Strand, I think I'd want one with a buff edge and flat welt. I really love the way the Viberg scuffed service boot looks with that combo.

For chili I'm thinking something a little darker - maybe an antique edge like the walnut calf Strand.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love those brown shell Leeds, guys! with the natty storm welts. good stuff
thanks for posting
I just realized, it's possible to get a Leeds with a flat welt. :oops:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leeds pretty much never come with a flat welt. I think some of the really old ones might, but not in recent years.
Right but what about flat do you like?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for @ae_ashley to post pics of chili and shaved shell!

I won't be able to attend an event in person, but if I could somehow grab a shaved shell Strand, I think I'd want one with a buff edge and flat welt. I really love the way the Viberg scuffed service boot looks with that combo.

For chili I'm thinking something a little darker - maybe an antique edge like the walnut calf Strand.
I've got the Shaved shell on my Must list. Will be kickass on the Bayfield. And I know where I have to be, and when, to get that shoe made up for me. Will I get there?
LOL I say Yes, Magic 8 Ball says
381fkv.jpg

BAH! I'll be there

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right but what about flat do you like?
1. It's smaller.
2. Makes the sole feel more balanced on my feet.
3. Looks better and sleeker (in my opinion).
4. Makes the sole lighter in weight.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. It's smaller.
This is why I wouldn’t want split reverse on a shell strand... I thought the same for the navy daltons, but it may give depth to the shoe to have the louder welt

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes...and? I think we need a discussion on welts
I agree - with pictures as examples.

For me, this is one topic that I need to be educated on. I have not taken the time to research welts, and I feel I am missing the mesmerizing nuances of welts that people get so passionate about.

I’m sure if we spend time learning about them, we could convince @BFT9000 that he now needs to purchase every Strand with every welt option possible.

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. It's smaller.
Turn derby to blucher and my Rancourts would be it!
20190519_103523.jpg
This is why I wouldn’t want split reverse on a shell strand... I thought the same for the navy daltons, but it may give depth to the shoe to have the louder welt
I personally always found it odd that the Dalton DIDN'T come with a reverse welt.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided on suede as a show of solidarity for next Trunk Show. First thing I see this morning is a unicorn.
View attachment 1223398
Ok, it is an energy shot but unicorn is there.
No time to change my laces this morning or I just like the clash of colors. Not sure which one.
View attachment 1223399
Saw a reference to Shiner last night. You won’t see that guy, I know him and he is a real Blake Stitcher if you know what I mean. Rules you know.
Since @Shoenut mentioned unicorns and since (for some reason) pictures have nearly disappeared from this thread, here's a picture from October 2017 with a unicorn piñata I found in some bushes while wearing khaki grain McTavishes.

23032800_10155756928133396_3213863357891136107_n.jpg

After taking this picture, returned the unicorn piñata to the bush in which I found it, since it is important to always put things back where you find them.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.