• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ae_ashley Can you weigh in here on what stitch colors get selected with which edge colors?
Yes, @ae_ashley, please do weigh in. I am really interested in a shaved shell Leeds with buff edges. Those would look cool with white stitching. Need to know if that would be the standard they use. 😁

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do these count as wingtips? Not quite but hopefully I can get a pass. This is why I'm not considering the cornwallis...

I'd call them a semi-brogue adelaide. Are these the C&J pair that were recently on sale from the shop mentioned in the C&J thread? They only thing they have in common with the cornwallis is the Adelaide throat because the last shape, lack of cap, completely different medallion, really make them look quite different. These are closer to a strand if you ask me. Good looking pair!

stook1

Reaction score
I'd call them a semi-brogue adelaide. Are these the C&J pair that were recently on sale from the shop mentioned in the C&J thread? They only thing they have in common with the cornwallis is the Adelaide throat because the last shape, lack of cap, completely different medallion, really make them look quite different. These are closer to a strand if you ask me. Good looking pair!
Yes, I agree. However, I'd wear them similarly, or rather they are a similar level of formality for me. And yes, these are the C&Js, well done.

By the way, coincidentally they replaced a strand that I slightly missized. Strand is a little more casual due to additional brogue and last in my opinion. But agree, similarish.

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, @ae_ashley, please do weigh in. I am really interested in a shaved shell Leeds with buff edges. Those would look cool with white stitching. Need to know if that would be the standard they use. 😁
Not sure about default stitching, guys. Let me see if I can find out. This might take a bit.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A chance of rain but they are boots, right?
MVIMG_20190814_091507.jpg

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse TOO much but trunk show or not there would seem to be no logical reason why a regular AE shell shoe couldn't be made up in other regular shell colors given (we are told) that all AE shell is essentially made up on an as needed basis.

"Hey Charlie, make up these next 12 Bradleys in brown." Would that be so hard?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse TOO much but trunk show or not there would seem to be no logical reason why a regular AE shell shoe couldn't be made up in other regular shell colors given (we are told) that all AE shell is essentially made up on an as needed basis.

This is a question we have all had for a while. Why aren't the three standard shell colors (i.e., black, brown, and burgundy) offered for all cordovan-collection models?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I interpret that as meaning, "We should have BROWN Leeds available all the time." Right?

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
X3, this will be a big factor in selecting edge color. Thanks for checking for us @ae_ashley

Ok. After some deliberation, I have some updates:

Edge details are being worked on still, but it's looking more like buff, the same brown as the green and blue last time, and black. Antique is being replaced by the same brown as last time. They are close, this should not make a huge difference. It just allows a bit more variety within the three choices. I'm working on figuring out what that edge is officially called, but it's some kind of medium translucent brown.

Stitching is going to be tonal.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.