• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt the TS19 excitement but I have an OT question.

I'm heading to NY this Friday, coming in to Penn Station and was wondering for luggage should I do a 22" wheeled suitcase or a largish duffel over the shoulder? For you experienced travelers what do you recommend?

Probably will Uber or taxi from Penn St. to the hotel and back.
Love my duffels, especially when tossing them in the trunk of my car for a trip.

But, If there are lines to stand in and walking to be done, then I prefer wheels.

Took duffels to Punta Cana recently and was sweating on long lines, move 3 feet, pick it up, set it down, move 3 feet again... Other option is to carry on shoulder but that is annoying after a few minutes a few times. My wife with her wheeled luggage found this all a little humorous. Not I, but I learned this lesson. lol

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not want to run around NYC with a duffel, personally. My vote is wheel luggage or, depending upon the duration of your stay, a backpack.

Sorry to interrupt the TS19 excitement but I have an OT question.

I'm heading to NY this Friday, coming in to Penn Station and was wondering for luggage should I do a 22" wheeled suitcase or a largish duffel over the shoulder? For you experienced travelers what do you recommend?

Probably will Uber or taxi from Penn St. to the hotel and back.

kellte2

Reaction score
The Bradley was my target for this trunk show.

I may or may not participate, if not it is because of the stellar work done by AE et all (and a little help from a few other makers) in the past. Still thinking but nothing has my absolute attention.

Some TS 1 juice:
View attachment 1223506

View attachment 1223507

View attachment 1223508

View attachment 1223509

View attachment 1223510

View attachment 1223511

@James1051
View attachment 1223512

View attachment 1223513

View attachment 1223514

I bought hard in TS1 so as not to gamble on a TS2.

Had been hoping for an incoming blue, brown + Bradley coming my way this go round, maybe TS3?
That brown shell looks fantastic. Or is it cappuccino?

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I really need is a side-by-side comparison of the TS19.2 edges to see how that goes with the shell colors and soles.
I got natural edge on brown and navy she’ll in TS19.1 FWIW
08F10B8B-D526-4E51-893E-E64F33E9A81A.jpeg
9A27A139-2840-49F9-A8EB-256EA3528743.jpeg

02C05C97-9238-4D7C-B178-95E5F60B8D4E.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chili Cornwallis on lunch break. I really like these shoes, but the heels still kinda rub me. I hope after some time that they will break in a bit more.

Also have another job interview tomorrow. I’m thinking maybe bourbon McAllisters?View attachment 1223581
Mechanical contractor?

How rub? Like heel slip or something hitting you wrong causing a hot spot?

MajorDash

Reaction score
Mechanical contractor?

How rub? Like heel slip or something hitting you wrong causing a hot spot?
Maybe a bit of both, but mostly heel slip.

As for my desk, I’m a recent mechanical engineering graduate, and I work as an intern in a factory as a process engineer. I have a bunch of ducting junk on my desk as I am trying to design an air filtration system for a corona treating machine.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the welt stitch color determined vs. welt vs edge?
I just requested edge color and then the welt and stitch colors were selected automatically based on the edge.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just requested edge color and then the welt and stitch colors were selected automatically based on the edge.
@ae_ashley Can you weigh in here on what stitch colors get selected with which edge colors?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.