• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! That does look great... it’s the contrast that does it. I am thinking navy and double v tread. Not sure how split reverse would look there and if it needs a brown edge
I think the reverse welt would look great with the double v-tread. Visually, probably pretty similar to the profile of the HM on dainite. I think Navy would pair well with buff, brown, and antique welt/edges. Doo eet!!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the reverse welt would look great with the double v-tread. Visually, probably pretty similar to the profile of the HM on dainite. I think Navy would pair well with buff, brown, and antique welt/edges. Doo eet!!
I really need to see the edge colors. I think TS19.1 navy just used brown...

Shoonoob

Reaction score
How well does the v-tread wear vs other similar low profile options and/or JR?
10 wears in on vtread TS19.1 and they look relatively new. Much softer feel than Dainite so they will wear faster.
JR wears like iron unless you get them wet and walk on concrete/asphalt.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we ponder over the unknown chili and shaved shell colors, it’s important to also consider regular cordovan offerings but in an atypical color. Bradley only comes on burgundy but would be sweet in brown. Leeds and MacNeils are not offered in brown. Strands are not offered in burgundy or black, but both are sweet colors. The list goes on.
The Bradley was my target for this trunk show.

I may or may not participate, if not it is because of the stellar work done by AE et all (and a little help from a few other makers) in the past. Still thinking but nothing has my absolute attention.

Some TS 1 juice:

@James1051

I bought hard in TS1 so as not to gamble on a TS2.

Had been hoping for an incoming blue, brown + Bradley coming my way this go round, maybe TS3?

Last edited:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 wears in on vtread TS19.1 and they look relatively new. Much softer feel than Dainite so they will wear faster.
JR wears like iron unless you get them wet and walk on concrete/asphalt.
I walk a lot on concrete. JR wears MUCH better than rather leather, but still wears down quickly on concrete. When I walk, I wear down the toe MUCH faster than elsewhere. This is most apparent on my Whitney shoes, which have leather toes and very strong rubber elsewhere. It is also apparent on both my leather and JR soles. I need metal taps on all those shoes. However, it seems to not happen on butyl, v tread, or Dainite.

CMT1

Reaction score
Walnut shell Strands today from 2014. I haven't worn these in a very long time due to a nonexistent balmoral need and their color character has evolved pretty crazily. The way the different panels shine varying hues but still show a uniform color under consistent light is unlike anything else I own.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Navy/green were just brown last time. Antique/chili is going to be within this range (similar to Alden antique). there's a bit of redness to it. I don't have any factory fresh chili edges though
View attachment 1223529
View attachment 1223530
What I really need is a side-by-side comparison of the TS19.2 edges to see how that goes with the shell colors and soles.

Vocans

Reaction score
Morning all. First day back in real shoes after having foot surgery so I had to reach for something comfortable. In honor of the upcoming trunk show, natural shell Leeds seemed like an easy choice.

PS Ashley can we pretty please have a Rogue as an option next trunk show?

20190814_092340.jpg

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy wingtip Wednesday (yes, its a real thing, look it up) forum pals. Continuing with the theme of ghosts from earlier trunk shows, I chose brown MacNeils.

Genericuser1

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt the TS19 excitement but I have an OT question.

I'm heading to NY this Friday, coming in to Penn Station and was wondering for luggage should I do a 22" wheeled suitcase or a largish duffel over the shoulder? For you experienced travelers what do you recommend?

Probably will Uber or taxi from Penn St. to the hotel and back.

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Morning all. First day back in real shoes after having foot surgery so I had to reach for something comfortable. In honor of the upcoming trunk show, natural shell Leeds seemed like an easy choice.

PS Ashley can we pretty please have a Rogue as an option next trunk show?

View attachment 1223537
Heard! No promises, but I see all the Rogue talk.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.