• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

stook1

Reaction score

stook1

Reaction score
The cornwallis is really a great shoe in shell. I just bought a similar shoe so it's not happening this time but the world would be a better place with more shell cornwallis running around.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I realized my comment was dumb and edited it as such. The top picture looks kind of amaretto-ish. The 2nd picture looks much more red. Those are awesome by the way. Just curious, is that color difference just light? Or have they evolved that way?
No worries. Edited my comments for ya.

Strictly lighting differences. Harsh indoor vs cloudy natural lighting.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cornwallis is really a great shoe in shell. I just bought a similar shoe so it's not happening this time but the world would be a better place with more shell cornwallis running around.
I tried the 1943 one last time recently to no avail. This is one of my dream shoes...
5CC7BC9A-27E8-4447-BA54-5A75BC6E888D.jpeg
Such a shame the last doesn’t work for me. :(

stook1

Reaction score
No worries. Edited my comments for ya.

Strictly lighting differences. Harsh indoor vs cloudy natural lighting.
Hah, no worries --- just trying to triangulate to the new color. As a side note, this is a great example of one of the joys/mysteries of cordovan. Garnet indoors looks a bit like amaretto in really intense outdoor light, whereas indoors amaretto takes on more of a rusty orange and picks up more of the browns. It's interesting that garnet is so much darker outdoors in bright light.

Here is amaretto in ridiculously intense sunlight.

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since @EZB corrected me, I think I'm going to build a fifth street in black shell with a buff reverse welt and commando sole. And maybe maybe a Randolph as a sister summer pair to them. And a scuffed Leeds on dainite with flat black welt.

BFT9000

Reaction score
I thought I saw some punk making fun of the amazing and totally not phallic Wilbert moc-toe derby. I guess it was just my imagination.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent news, weasels!

I regretted not ordering Burgundy Strands last time around, but now I'm debating Chili instead since I have Oxblood Strands already.

For Navy, what's the favorite non-boot pairing?
Got to go with the MacNeil. But the other suggestions are good too.

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It occurs to me that while I specified when the in store mixers are, I did not specify that orders can be placed with any store from September 13 through September 23. This is important to note and I will edit my original post to reflect that.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.