• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If I'm a betting man, I'm going with equal parts amusement and excitement of her own.
Days like this are my favorite kinds of days.

ae_ashley

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm SO excited to announce details for the September 2019 Trunk Show!

We listened closely to feedback from the last show, and our team worked VERY hard to bring you what we think is one of the best shows we've ever constructed. I'm excited to hear your feedback!

On to the good stuff:

WHERE AND WHEN:

- The first leg of the event will go live Friday, 9/13/19 in San Francisco (Sutter St), LA (South Coast Plaza), and Chicago (Michigan Ave).
- The second leg of the event will go live Friday 9/20/19 in NY (Madison Ave), DC (City Center), and Orlando.
- These events will run from 6 PM until close of business.

** Although non “host” stores will not be having actual in store events or physical samples, you are absolutely are encouraged to reach out to your home stores to participate in this show! You can call in to any store, and you can shop in person with any store. Orders can be placed from September 13-September 23.**

- I will personally be attending the launch of the first leg in South Coast Plaza, and the second leg in NY Madison Ave, and I sincerely hope I am able to meet as many of you as possible! If you can clear your calendar that day, or if any of you are feeling up for a bit of a road trip, I would love to meet you!

COLORS AVAILABLE:

- Colors offered for this cordovan event will be Brown, Black, Burgundy, Navy, and Green.

- In addition to these offerings, for the first time ever, we are introducing CHILI CORDOVAN! This is a color created by Horween SPECIALLY for AE. Even more exciting– there are no limits to the amount of orders able to be placed for Chili cordovan! Sample Photos to follow shortly.

- Beyond these offerings open to all customers and all stores, we will also be providing each HOST store with 10 pairs of Shaved Cordovan, for in store participants only. This color is first come first serve, and is intended to help provide incentive to customers to attend in person.

STYLES AVAILABLE:

Higgins Mill $725
Dalton $725
Leeds $695
MacNeil $695
Cornwallis $695
Randolph $695
Strand $695
Fifth Ave $695

From the Vault:
Fifth Street $695
First Ave $725
Dundee $695

(is anyone hyperventilating yet?)

- You will be able to choose from a black, buff, or a translucent brown.
- You will also be able to select a flat welt or a split reverse welt.

SOLES AVAILABLE:

Standard Redenbach, Commando, Vtread, Black Dainite

OTHER KEY POINTS:

- The usual $120 special makeup fee is waived during this event
- All sales are NON REFUNDABLE- please be certain of your size, and please note that natural variances of lighter shell are completely normal and expected!
- We are not accepting out of size range makes at this time, and we aren’t accepting any customization beyond what’s outlined here.
- We expect a quote time of around 8-12 weeks- but we’d rather do it beautifully than quick
- PLEASE feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions!

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is “Shaved Cordovan” for the uninitiated?
Shaved/scuffed. See this link for examples.

stook1

Reaction score
I never thought about this before, but a Bayfield in Chili shell, antique reverse split welt, on a JR sole seems to be what I need.
That's pretty much what I'm thinking as well.

So @ae_ashley since you're teasing us with sample pics, I'm imagining that chili would kinda look like either ravello or the lighter cognac. Not sure if you are familiar with these colors. Is this a crazy thought?

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.