• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I’m late in getting to this, but still.

The Acheson is actually a very versatile shoe and, imho, can be worn down to sockless with shorts or up to a suit (not including a suit, though I could maybe see it with a more casual suit- which I don’t own). Some examples of mine:
View attachment 1107958 View attachment 1107959 View attachment 1107960 View attachment 1107961 View attachment 1107962 View attachment 1107963 View attachment 1107964 View attachment 1107966

Typically, the olive/snuff get worn with more casual stuff (chinos/jeans), and the navy get worn with gray wool pants/blazer- I’ve worn the snuff with gray pants, but don’t like the idea of blue on blue (navy with jeans). Not a rule, just what I tend to do. Snuff does seem to get worn the most for me.

My environment is pretty lenient (button up shirt/khakis usually the minimum), but I wore these when I was in a tie/jacket 5 days/week environment for several years. If you were in a law firm or an old school bank where they would give you side eye for wearing a color other than black, then maybe not. I’ve never had an issue though.

Thanks for the photos and thorough write up!

The only colors I can get are navy and Olive. Honestly I feel like the olive is less obvious or more versatile than the navy. But then again, I've never worn navy, or even suede shoes to work before.

All of those combos look really nice! I just keep thinking back to my blue suede loafers and seeing "casual". The Olive REALLY catches my eye and looks good. I guess that's all personal opinion.

Does every color go well with the Olive ones, they look pretty versatile.... :)

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Christopher Alan just another photo to show wardrobe detail on the camel hair jacket.

IMG_20190116_091830634_HDR.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upbeat new year, gentlemen! In 2019, I'm anticipating:

1. A development of the custom sole (and welt) choice to incorporate cowhide and perhaps sewing changes,

2. non-burgundy/dark shell by means of this reputed trunk appear or a GMTO, and

3. finding new or previously owned HMs (9.5B) and Dundess (9.5D or 10C) in shell.

Lots of wishful thinking!

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did this become a thing?
IMG_0430.jpeg

UltraThick Rancourts are so very awesome.

My Brave Stars arrive tomorrow. Almost as exciting as a pair of shoes. Let’s hope also not as disappointing as they can be. Thanks again, @BagleyBrown!

Really hope they work for you...maybe they allow exchanges not returns if not. Not sure if true of the Lone Wolf category. But, I think these folks are good to work with, do not think they will leave you unhappy with a poor fit.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy hump day forum pals. Another rainy day in LA so I opted for commando sole shoes with suede chukka boots with nano protector protector. Non AE, but I really like this style. Very comfortable.

IMG_4262.jpg

stylish_raven

Reaction score
i think the whole garment is great specially like the coat; where is it from?
View attachment 1098950 View attachment 1098951
Happy New Year fellow weasels. Hats off to @St Hubbins for starting the page so for my first post I would like to do it Hubbins style. For a 20 year coat, this Cashmere blend has performed. When I bought it the coat was considered an entry level to fine outerwear. It is 70% Cashmere with 30% recycled Cashmere. The lining is 100% Viscose. I believe viscose is the precursor to Rayon. AE jeans from last year, a cotton button down shirt that I can no longer identify the brand and the Suede HM.
I am already posting to the wrong thread. Wow.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non AE.

Walnut Wingtip Wednesday!

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190116092029548_COVER.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy hump day forum pals. Another rainy day in LA so I opted for commando sole shoes with suede chukka boots with nano protector protector. Non AE, but I really like this style. Very comfortable.

Doc,
Does that really qualify as a Chukka? Below is what I think of as a Chukka.
  1. Be open laced but have no more than 3 eyelets.
  2. Have a rounded toe box.
  3. Be made with two single layers of leather.
  4. Reach the middle of your ankle.
You got most of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads