1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by St Hubbins, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Shoenut

Shoenut Distinguished Member

Lincoln Marine Cordavan is awesome for these types of applications. Sure beats the crap out of using a coat of Blue wax and then a coat of burgundy wax.

2. Christopher Alan

Christopher Alan Senior Member

This is the type of edgier stuff we were discussing. I love it!

3. schweezly

schweezly Senior Member

Yes, claimed as not described. Acknowledged the size they say, but thinks I should have put they fit like a larger shoe. This is an AE shoe known to fit TTS

I wish I put that. He’s made it clear that he thinks I am screwing him over, because he’s purchased a few shoes before that were his size. He can’t believe these are the size that are both on the box and in the shoe.

These weren’t even a lot of money, I’m just po’d about the whole thing. Hopefully eBay looks through the messages and sees him admit clear as day that they are the size I listed (which he says is his size.) Any rational person would realize it isn’t right to make a private seller take back slightly used shoes because they didn’t know there size in that specific shoe

4. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

Lookit.

IMG_20190116_082539_037.jpg

5. audog

audog Distinguished Member

Longbranches look good, don't care if Cigarette butt is your or not, but person was breaking the law in Illinois to throw it on ground.

6. audog

Those look great, like 'em don't you.

7. audog

5th ave is a good professional work setting shoe, will serve you well.

8. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

I use regular leather conditioners (AE Leather Lotion, Lexol, Bick, etc.).

9. Christopher Alan

Make the point very clearly that the buyer has acknowledged that your listing of the shoe size was accurate, and that they therefore do not qualify for buyer’s protection.

If you think the fight is worth it, they do review all of the messages between you two. I went through something similar a couple years ago, and they took into account every detail in our exchanges. That being said, if it’s a low dollar item, it might not be worth fighting over. How much are you going to get paid for the time and stress that you’ll go through for this? It may be worth it, it may not be.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019

10. savvysartorial

savvysartorial Distinguished Member

Happy wingtip Wednesday! Back into action with burgundy shell Cambridge, one of AE's finest. Decided on a little camel hair sport coat action and boy, do I feel good!

IMG_20190116_072911642_HDR.jpg IMG_20190116_072934752_HDR.jpg IMG_20190116_073026121_HDR.jpg

11. Christopher Alan

Dang, that whole wardrobe is off-the-hook! I obviously love the shoes, but I must give special mention to that camel hair sport coat. Beautiful!

I love me a nice sport coat as well. Especially tweeds, patterned wool, camel hair, etc... It’s cold here in Wisconsin, so right now I like to pair a wool coat with a scarf in the middle.

12. AEShoeMan

AEShoeMan Senior Member

Such a great looking shoe, IMHO! One of my personal favorites when I think about my collection.

13. audog

14. munchau

munchau Senior Member

Bloor St. for a non-wingtip Wednesday 862D8A96-5C3A-4AA8-9523-E01843D0297C.jpeg

15. sterlingindigo

sterlingindigo Distinguished Member