• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Genericuser1

Reaction score
For everyone who posts, “That shoe/boot is great; AE just needs to change the last to ‘X,” there are some of us thinking “leave it alone; that’s my perfect last!” :)
AE just needs to offer more shoes and boots on more lasts. At this point if it's not on a 97, 201 or 1757 I won't buy it.Or a 65 lasted boot oddly that is one of my most comfortable pairs.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE just needs to offer more shoes and boots on more lasts. At this point if it's not on a 97, 201 or 1757 I won't buy it.Or a 65 lasted boot oddly that is one of my most comfortable pairs.
It’s worse for me:

Anything on 65
Boots on 1757 or 201
Chelsea boots on 42N

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do I “Like” an ad on SF? :cool:

View attachment 1210507
Is saying something like, “I only read StyleForum for the ads” similar to what I used to say about a specific magazine and the articles years ago?!?
This is, by far, the sluttiest dress I have ever seen. Not that its a bad thing. Project Runway taught me you can drop the front, remove the back or slit it up to the thigh, but you can't do all three at the same time.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals. Spoilered non AE to start the week.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s odd to me... the 7 last is one of favorite, yet, for my messed up feet, the 201 couldn’t be more incompatible. Other than a wide fore-foot, they seem entirely different. What do you find to be the commonality that works well for you?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fans of the Driggs would like the new
Offerings:

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
"Dress sneaker" :rolleyes:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is supposed to be an appreciation thread, but
yuk

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nomads on travel again—this time Amtrak
998CED01-54E2-43A7-B076-513A35564995.jpeg

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is supposed to be an appreciation thread, but
yuk
I appreciate the fact that they have made a chukka sneaker that I would never wear to my office and that I would not purchase for half the price. With that said, I completely acknowledge they did not have me in mind when they drew this up on the board.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fans of the Driggs would like the new
Offerings:

Just to keep this in perspective:
AE is just trying to steal a little thunder from John Lobb.
John lobb another good idea.jpg
John Lobb low top sneaker.jpg

classic John Lobb.jpg

Ok, I have to admit the high top dress sneaker didn't sell for John Lobb last year at all. So these must be the answer.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even John Lobb is making sneakers! o_O Well, if it helps their bottom line, I guess I should support it, right? I haven't seen any sneakers from C&J or Alfred Sargent yet. :)

Lionel Hutz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture (from last December) of the champagne vending machine at the Crack Shack in Century City.

View attachment 1208488

The thing in the tin tray is called "Mexican Poutine". Eating it made me feel as if I had become the USMCA.

You are correct about a champagne vending machine being, "Almost a good idea". It had only one brand of champagne, Moet & Chandon. There was no Mumm Napa Cuvee M.

so are the bottles gently lowered into the bin somehow? Surely they aren't dropped

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.