• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have these? Shit, I thought it was some adult declaring that they were really a girl in a guys body or something. Shit, am I out of date or what....
I thought the same.

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey millennials and beyond! No one cares about the gender of your baby as much as you! Beyond that, quit making it an excuse for you to get more attention!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey millennials and beyond! No one cares about the gender of your baby as much as you! Beyond that, quit making it an excuse for you to get more attention!
I guess it's a good excuse for a party, but agree, I really don't care the gender of the baby, I do hope it is healthy and such.

stook1

Reaction score

It's funny to see how differently pregnancy is handled by different generations. We're gen x and all this was very private certainly until babies born and even after. These days, you get the full play by play via social media. In concept, this is why I avoid social media to the fullest extent possible. I believe I am among the last people alive without a Facebook account.

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny to see how differently pregnancy is handled by different generations. We're gen x and all this was very private certainly until babies born and even after. These days, you get the full play by play via social media. In concept, this is why I avoid social media to the fullest extent possible. I believe I am among the last people alive without a Facebook account.
I have one, but can go years without posting. Only thing you'll get out of it is pictures of my shoes anyway. ;p
Even you have to admit that my purple Cronmoks are a little off the beaten path.
I like purple.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out with the wife looking at flooring and countertop choices wearing brown suede Neumoks.
099DC6E7-102E-4C2F-AC64-AF088D9F9A44.jpeg
38E02A1E-9436-45B8-8F83-AD0DB428C517.jpeg

If you have a weak stomach, Avert your eyes from the rest of this post.

The “designer” who also doubled as the salesperson was sporting this pair of Gucci footwear:
EE0B268E-3E08-455B-BEFE-496CA95E0E0C.jpeg
Not to be outdone by his bedazzled pockets on his shorts:
A9E07BD8-20F7-4B18-8CCF-7B558E4AFA24.jpeg

SMH...

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Out with the wife looking at flooring and countertop choices wearing brown suede Neumoks.
View attachment 1209848
View attachment 1209846

If you have a weak stomach, Avery your eyes from the rest of this post.

The “designer” who also doubled as the salesperson was sporting this pair of Gucci footwear:
View attachment 1209845
View attachment 1209847

SMH...
Nice flooring, nice countertops however.........you need a new "designer" as that guy has no clue.

DapperAndy

Reaction score
Margates with “Walnut” Scotch Grain (I feel they have a slight burgundy hue to them) Derbies / Bluchers given a full treatment of Pure Polish Products. Mirror shined with High Shine.

04FEB212-310A-473E-AADD-43829CE54C05.jpeg
4482AAC5-CE19-4C6E-B0DD-F21AFFE3DED8.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1209848
View attachment 1209846

If you have a weak stomach, Avert your eyes from the rest of this post.

View attachment 1209845
View attachment 1209847

SMH...
After seeing that, I'll never worry about how my Wilbert's look again.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Down in the comments of this Neo gives his thoughts of the 42. I'd recommend starting with your 201 size as it's reasonably close to that in fit.
I've heard the 42N described as an even narrower/lower volume 65 (201 is basically the 65 with a higher cone).

The lightform footbed will feel similar to the standard poron. The Shane is a bench welt shoe, so it would be standard poron (I was surprised to hear they have it as I'd not seen anything about it). That said, depending on foot shape some people go a length longer in the 108 than 201. Since the 201 is too large, I'm betting you'll want a 9D in the 42.
Thanks, madhat. That helped me come to a decision. In some of the classic Dack's I am buying I am finding myself in a 9D fitting superbly, so I might even be a small 9.5D, normally. With the confusion around 42/42N and the fit assessment vs 108 I am going to let those gorgeous suedes go to someone else.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.