• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

schweezly

Reaction score
If anyone’s interested in a pair of 9.5d Randolph’s in coffee, let me know. Probably worn about 10 times. Great condition but they just haven’t broken in enough for me like I thought they would

E9253161-F590-4845-B52A-19E629EDA0AC.jpeg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, y’all leave my (miUSA) Wilberts alone. For what they are, they are perfect. And. The remark about the resilience of the leather on the Wilbert is correct. It’s just a great, comfortable walking around casual shoe.

If a longwing counts for Wingtip Wednesday... (spoiled since from Brand C):

Now look, it’s not like I said the Wilbert was a pair of these:
(No spoiler... I’m burning your eyelids off.. and yes, their glorious hideousness is all mine.)

YqlY4yp.jpg

schweezly

Reaction score
Trying on the Nomad chukkas at home. I’m in between sizes so I took the larger as the toebox is a little too narrow when I go down. I have a few inserts that can work well depending on how thick my socks are.

Really like them in Bone even if they aren’t a year round shoe
71608ADC-B3E0-4920-A8BF-A08A0978DECD.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying on the Nomad chukkas at home. I’m in between sizes so I took the larger as the toebox is a little too narrow when I go down. I have a few inserts that can work well depending on how thick my socks are.

Really like them in Bone even if they aren’t a year round shoe
View attachment 1208732
I had the same problem. I can fit into the 42, but not 42N, in the chukka. However, I fit fine in the 42N up half a size in chelsea.

schweezly

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I can fit into the 42, but not 42N, in the chukka. However, I fit fine in the 42N up half a size in chelsea.

These are the old version white the lighter sole and on the 42 last I think. I have a pair of plain toe’s on the 42n and in the same size as these I still get toe poke

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this on reddit today. From 2014. I always enjoy reading former CEO Paul Grangaard's Q&A responses as they never sound canned but candid and he is so thoughtful in his delivery. And this one seems apropos to the experimentation that's still going on today. Guess I'll keep my mouth shut on future "out-there" ? offerings, choose what I like, and let the market decide the rest.

"what are your thoughts on Alden's process of leaving their more eccentric make-ups to specific retailers and spot runs while you continue to design almost all your shoes in house?

it seems like their strategy puts the burden of excess stock on the retailers while many of your companies eccentric designs sit in the clearance section of your website and i would think make you less profitable am i incorrect?"

AllenEdmondsCEO • 4y
Alden makes great shoes. We use most of the same suppliers and manufacturing methods. We are indeed stretching our product line more and experimenting. Some of our experiments have been hugely successful -- the McTavish wingtip in cowhide with a natural sidewall, the Neumoks as an unconstructed wingtip with no lining, our Bourbon and other brown leather introductions, the Boulder that put us into the all-weather moccasin business for the first time as the Dalton put us in lace-up dress boots for the first time. Others have tanked. I'm a huge believer that you don't get better skiing unless you occasionally take a fall. There are a few shoes I'd like to take back, and there are others I thought wouldn't make it that have. What one AE Man finds too far out there can attract a whole new customer. Our current Strandmok with it's ChromeXL leather and Dainite sole got huge criticism on StyleForum, and it's one of our bestselling introductions for this fall. As the Germans used to tell me -- Um Geschmack laesst sich nicht streiten (there's no arguing about taste).

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads