• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And who said boots aren’t a year round thing?

I haven’t seen this many boots on a Friday since the trunk show deliveries came in!!

Well done gents.

Now, who has an AE boot in garnet?!? Let’s see ‘em...quit holding out.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've decided that I want to pay less in government theft, so I'm starting a personal travel/style blog (naturally with a YT channel I'm sure). I need help with a name. Suggestions so far:

Aging Raver Adventures
Studying Abroad With The Professor

If you have something else in mind, throw it at me. It'll be *centered* around the trips/adventures we go on, but there will be some style-related stuff as well just to kinda fill in the chunks of time where I don't go anywhere (which are fairly substantial, since I only get 30 days of leave a year).

Figure being able to deduct all that stuff from my taxes should make for a nice offset to buy more AE shell.

AW YEAH ON TOPIC AFTER ALL!!!

Anywho.
Ravaging Adventurer ("Ravaging" combines "aging" and "raver" - sorta...)

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Bourbon Leeds today. Have a great weekend, Fellas.

20190712_155552.jpg

20190712_133715.jpg

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've decided that I want to pay less in government theft, so I'm starting a personal travel/style blog (naturally with a YT channel I'm sure). I need help with a name. Suggestions so far:

Aging Raver Adventures

If you have something else in mind, throw it at me. It'll be *centered* around the trips/adventures we go on, but there will be some style-related stuff as well just to kinda fill in the chunks of time where I don't go anywhere (which are fairly substantial, since I only get 30 days of leave a year).

Figure being able to deduct all that stuff from my taxes should make for a nice offset to buy more AE shell.

Anywho.
America: A Horse With No Shame

I like the aging raver idea (you’ve already used that) and was going to suggest changing “adventures” to “misadventures” but ace’s suggestion is sublime. Go with that.

Only two possible modifications I can think of:
- ‘Murca: A Horse with no Shame. This has the added bonus of deconflicting a bit more from an album cover for those who aren’t close readers.
- Adding words before or after to create an acronym; this would pay homage to the military. It should be inappropriate to pay homage to you.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Day 3 of the @ae_ashley appreciation brings us this example that I never knew I wanted.

I'd considered a Dalton in the past. At first, I thought I'd get a walnut pair, but with a golden CXL pair of Longbranch boots, it seemed a bit redundant. Then, I thought that maybe chili would be a good fit, but when Ashley got me into that pair of chili MacNeils, it kind of scratched my chili itch. Thought about dark brown, but with a good number of dark brown boots already, I had trouble justifying it. Maybe a burgundy shell version? Well, the pair of burgundy shell HMs took precedence.

When Ashley e-mailed me, almost apologetically, about a pair of Daltons that had come in I thought it would be easy to say no. I was still riding the high of the shell HMs, the wallet was still feeling the lows of the TS2019 purchase, and I had all the afore-mentioned anti-Dalton logic listed above.

I really am a moron.

Of course I said yes to Ashley. She told me about an oxblood pair of Daltons with red Dainite soles. She assured me that, even though that combination sounded weird, it looked really cool. I asked for pictures and a price and was pleasantly gobsmacked by both. A couple days later, they were mine. And, yeah, they still look really cool, especially hidden under my desk basking in the glory of the corporate carpet.

View attachment 1205877

Oh wow those do look really cool!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aging Raver Adventures

Anywho.
Professor Horseyhead Recommends...

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Aging Raver Adventures

Anywho.
Is the way to make money with a blog in the tax write-off's? Or can one actually earn an income from a blog?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Day 3 of the @ae_ashley appreciation brings us this example that I never knew I wanted.

I'd considered a Dalton in the past. At first, I thought I'd get a walnut pair, but with a golden CXL pair of Longbranch boots, it seemed a bit redundant. Then, I thought that maybe chili would be a good fit, but when Ashley got me into that pair of chili MacNeils, it kind of scratched my chili itch. Thought about dark brown, but with a good number of dark brown boots already, I had trouble justifying it. Maybe a burgundy shell version? Well, the pair of burgundy shell HMs took precedence.

When Ashley e-mailed me, almost apologetically, about a pair of Daltons that had come in I thought it would be easy to say no. I was still riding the high of the shell HMs, the wallet was still feeling the lows of the TS2019 purchase, and I had all the afore-mentioned anti-Dalton logic listed above.

I really am a moron.

Of course I said yes to Ashley. She told me about an oxblood pair of Daltons with red Dainite soles. She assured me that, even though that combination sounded weird, it looked really cool. I asked for pictures and a price and was pleasantly gobsmacked by both. A couple days later, they were mine. And, yeah, they still look really cool, especially hidden under my desk basking in the glory of the corporate carpet.

View attachment 1205877
If Ashley were to contact me about another pair of Wolverine 1000 miles.........I might buy them....

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the way to make money with a blog in the tax write-off's? Or can one actually earn an income from a blog?

ads and affiliate links, mostly.

but i also dislike where government theft has gotten to, so primary goal is (legally) reducing my tax liability.

politics aside, if every billionaire in the U.S. gave *EVERYTHING* they had to the government--i mean they went straight up penniless--there would be enough money there to run the government for less than a year. i don't think the problem is nearly as much "some people don't pay their fair share".....I think the problem is "why the **** are we letting congress spend that much money?"

if I can reduce my tax liability and get a source of income rolling (via monetized YT channel and affiliate links/ad revenue on the website) i may be able to literally do whatever the hell i want when i retire in about 5-6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads