• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The classic AE leather insole has turned me against most other brands. I am against lots of padding with a leather cover. Here is a $495 slipon that I will convert to a leather cupped 3/4 insole.
E93D6A36-3956-435B-9F6D-4C783AA903BA.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope Shoebank will update their lasts. They still have the 000 listed, although I've never once seen a shoe in any size available on that last. More importantly, many of the newer lasts are still not listed such as the 42 or the 64.

donkeyhoatie

Reaction score
Day 2 of the @ae_ashley celebration continues with these bad boys. When TS2019 was announced, I figured I'd jump on a bourbon pair of HMs. But, once I saw the bourbon in person, it just didn't work for me (I've since done a 180 on the color, based on all the awesome photos fellow weasels posted after the show). So, I went with Plan B and ordered a pair in burgundy. Couldn't be happier with my choice. For realz.

Also, when TS2019 was announced and I heard that Ashley was going to be there, I figured I should go and see if she really was as awesome as she seemed on the phone. When I met her in person, I could confirm that she's even better. Seriously, give her a call and get on her list. You will not regret it.

Before TS2019, I never quite "got" all the love for shell. To be honest, I'm more of a CXL guy. After TS2019, I'm still not sure that I "get" shell completely. But, I can say that I completely "get" burgundy shell HMs. I love these boots, and based on the compliments I get from all different folks, I guess that love is justified.

At some point, AE should add these to their regular shell lineup. In fact, it's pretty much a crime that they aren't there already. In the meanwhile, I'm just going to enjoy the fact that there's maybe a half dozen of us out there in the real world who have them in this color. Of course, not everyone also has them on this lovely corporate carpet. I'll never get tired of looking at these boots . . . or this carpet.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.