• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

matwa

Reaction score
Walnut McAllisters today

06-25-19 McAllister.jpg

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post-birthday malaise calls for more bourbon, MacNeil.
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190625074156964-01.jpeg

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A moment of silence for what I noticed on my snuff Neumoks this morning. The material gave way in the broughing (sp?) area. I wonder if them being unlined increases the risk of that.

The Neumok is one those maddening AE mishmashes: an oxford with a split welt and a sole edge too light for anything too dressy. Still, it has filled a hole (no pun intended) in the rotation, especially in the spring / summer. And they are super comfortable.

I suppose some would use this as an excuse to buy a certain polo suede loafer from a certain Northampton manufacturer but I’m made of sterner stuff. I think. Maybe.

A7722165-08A3-4B98-A3AE-DC09CDDD3C1A.jpeg

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday forum pals. Bourbon Leeds on a hazy LA morning.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rule or not, that’s a nice looking pair of trousers. Where did you find those?
I got them at Nordstrom on a Biannual sale. Around $100. I just am not into $350 pair of Canali pants.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A moment of silence for what I noticed on my snuff Neumoks this morning. The material gave way in the broughing (sp?) area. I wonder if them being unlined increases the risk of that.

The Neumok is one those maddening AE mishmashes: an oxford with a split welt and a sole edge too light for anything too dressy. Still, it has filled a hole (no pun intended) in the rotation, especially in the spring / summer. And they are super comfortable.

I suppose some would use this as an excuse to buy a certain polo suede loafer from a certain Northampton manufacturer but I’m made of sterner stuff. I think. Maybe.

View attachment 1197591
Did you end up with your regular size on that model? I know some here because it is unlined have bought one width down. Some two.

VeritasAequitas

Reaction score
I'd say I have about 20 uses out of these Allen Edmonds Stands and I'm noticing creases on the inner side of the shoes...Mostly the left shoe. Is this somewhat common/uncommon? Maybe one foot is wider than the other? Thoughts?? Anyways...I spent time at the AE store trying out different sizes and these were the best fit. Though at first these shoes were very uncomfortable, however after the 10th time wearing them, they are becoming more and more comfortable.
As long as it doesn't affect fit or comfort I wouldn't worry about it, Amigo. Chalk it up to character/patina and keep going. 👊

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.