• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

bluhorseshoe

Reaction score
I'd say I have about 20 uses out of these Allen Edmonds Stands and I'm noticing creases on the inner side of the shoes...Mostly the left shoe. Is this somewhat common/uncommon? Maybe one foot is wider than the other? Thoughts?? Anyways...I spent time at the AE store trying out different sizes and these were the best fit. Though at first these shoes were very uncomfortable, however after the 10th time wearing them, they are becoming more and more comfortable.

Attachments

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @James1051 . They were made for Club Monaco and have a few nicks - who cares for $77! Usually my size is 12 D, but these are 11.5 D and are perfect! Must be the suede.
That is odd. Mine are 1/2 size up from my usual size and they feel quite snug.

munchau

Reaction score
Last edited:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say I have about 20 uses out of these Allen Edmonds Stands and I'm noticing creases on the inner side of the shoes...Mostly the left shoe. Is this somewhat common/uncommon? Maybe one foot is wider than the other? Thoughts?? Anyways...I spent time at the AE store trying out different sizes and these were the best fit. Though at first these shoes were very uncomfortable, however after the 10th time wearing them, they are becoming more and more comfortable.
Normal. All my 65-last shoes crease this way

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TS 2019 for tomorrow.

D4457FA5-7C04-4EB2-911E-F204D95F43D7.jpeg

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a few pairs doing that to varying degrees. As long as they're comfortable is my concern; creases happen.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kicking off the work week in oxblood Strands. Have a good one gents!
View attachment 1197036
Sir, aside from your consistent good lighting, I'm putting this one down on my list of possibilities for the future. The oxblood in this pair is what I would consider an ideal shade. I owned a pair of PA's a few years ago that were in oxblood, but they were more like a dark purple and I wasn't crazy about the color. Oxblood is one of the few colors I do not own any shoes in, although I own a couple merlot pairs.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kicked off the week with a birthday bang. Started the morning in burgundy MacNeil (not pictured due to being late). Ended the day in bourbon Higgins Mill, out for burritos with the fam. Hope you all have a great week!
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190624170242503_COVER.jpg

Last edited:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is all about the shape of your foot vs. the shape of the last. I have very flat pronating feet. My foot pushes down on the arch area of all my shoes. Some lasts more than others. I do that on the 73 last in just 2 wears. Nothing to worry about and not much you can do unless you spend $3500 on a bespoke shoe. They can actually put arch counters to stop or limit that.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking out the Jefferson today. Decided on burgundy socks because they have some blue. Unfortunately you cannot see the blue at all. Rule breaking today if it still is a rule.
090DC0AE-9B61-4B4A-B053-242876DBE9BC.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.