1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by St Hubbins, Dec 31, 2018.

1. sterlingindigo

sterlingindigo Distinguished Member

Howie is probably under contract for sketchers.

2. Lmrjfud

Lmrjfud Senior Member

What he ^ said.

3. g e

g e Well-Known Member

I got my USPS alert of package arrival. Didn’t get to it til just now. I was feeding another habit : jazz music on high end vinyl on high end sound system. That’s my expensive hobby.

Leiden Weave buy off eBay About $75 plus shipping. These are the most comfortable shoes I own,regardless of C8FD0923-CB8E-4FC6-99DF-17A149F1204C.jpeg brand. I will be getting the chili version ASAP. And I’ll sign up for the Strand weave as well, colour TBD

4. sterlingindigo

Strahan did or does for JCPenny.

5. Shoenut

Shoenut Distinguished Member

Yep.

6. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Most people in sports TV really don't give a shit. They're going to peel off the suits the second they're done taping. In fact, if they were going to be behind desks all day, they'd be wearing sweat pants or shorts with dress-shirts and suit/sport jackets.

7. Paul902

Paul902 Senior Member

Interesting...I spent more money on boots/shoes this year, but I have that same leaning. I just repaired the motor in this and got it spinning yesterday...

IMG_5256.JPG

8. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

It was quite a while ago, but I seem to recall Paul Rangaard saying something along the lines of you'll get a great fit once they get wet or you dunk them in the lake or something along those lines. My best fitting pair got soaked fixing sprinkler heads. I think they'll hold up fine.

I think the Fenway is such a great all weather option. Super comfy sole, the leather is soft by super durable. And that reddish walnut tint is :inlove:

Unfortunately I have a pair (9.5D) that need to find a new home.

I was pumped when I heard this boot was coming. Always looking for a replacement for my Portlands that were too short. Not sold on the Rainier though. Can't put my finger on it. Too close to the cascade? A little too much in the urban wear category?

9. EZB

EZB Senior Member

Looks like some “new” nomad chukkas. The only new thing is sole color and moving them from 42 last to 42N

10. g e

g e Well-Known Member

Excellent!

Now get thee to

Www.musicmattersjazz.com

To see what you have been missing. I’m about $900 dollars ahead of you.

11. sterlingindigo

I watch a lot of college basketball and wonder if coaches wear cheap suits to games because they are always getting hugs from and rubbing shoulders with sweaty players.

12. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior Member

Probably more firecracker than gunfire. But, it's definitely audible up and down the street. On the plus side, this thing can clear around a 3ft path, so I'm done with the driveway in a flash and a blast.

13. Paul902

Paul902 Senior Member

Oh, you like the good stuff! I've about 8 or so of those.

14. ELClodge

ELClodge Senior Member

I saw that earlier today and was definitely intrigued. I spoke with Ron and his son quite a bit about his relationship with Cortina when I was having issues with my Fritz chelseas. I love those boots now, and ultimately it was all settled, but there was about a 2-3 month delay in returning my pair to Rider and then to Cortina (Italy) and then back to Rider and then back to me.

I really like the transparency in this email, I’ll be curious to follow them as they make the change. I am having a hard time holding off on these to fill my casual black boot hole.

DCFE333E-B147-4C02-B243-79944728DDB9.jpeg

Solid so far. Mostly Blake construction, and of course not MIUSA, but some of their lasts and boot shapes really strike a nice casual/dress balance. I remember @BagleyBrown shell stunners look incredibly sleek for the size.

15. g e

g e Well-Known Member

The new SRX vinyl formulation records are incredible! Background noise is ZERO! Like listening to tape on the good stuff.