• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

BFT9000

Reaction score
Joining the weave club with chili weave Strands.

IMG_20190618_162256.jpg

Edit: now with a pic with better lighting...

Last edited:

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Drop a zero there chief! You're looking at 10% to 20% damage rate! :D (more like 500 to 1000 based on your 50k)
I seem to remember some discussion last year with Kristen and on here...I have a (2) in my head, but I don't remember if it was like 200 pairs a day or 20k pairs a year
Last I heard, they were making 500,000 pair per year. That changes the math!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My first pair of “dressin’ up” shoes were tassel loafers,Bass,I think,when I was 13- my brother got penny loafers,probably Weejuns as my mom’s still a fan of those with black polish on the burgundy shoe for “patina”
Years ago, took my now 31 yr old son to a Bass outlet store while his mom was shopping next door. He was probably about 4 or 5 and proceeded to announce VERY LOUDLY to the entire store that if you got rid of the "B" you would have Ass shoes. I was so proud of him! He ran around the store saying Ass, Ass, Ass, Bass without a B is Ass, Ass, Ass. I didn't know he could spell that well :)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last I heard, they were making 500,000 pair per year. That changes the math!
1/2 a Million shoes per year, that's almost 10K per week, and that is about 1900 a day assuming a 5 day work week. WOW that's a lot of shoes! And assuming only one 8 hour shift, that's around 240 shoes an hour or about 4 a minute? How many people are actually employed making footwear? I'm going to guess that 500K number is not just PW, but also DR and wherever else AE makes shoes.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing tan suede Strandmok 0.0's today.

P1140359.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, at the Getty Center this morning showing some of the challenges of taking pictures with Greek or Roman statues.

If this picture was taken standing on the other side of this statue, some may have had an attack of the vapours.

P1140387.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a cranberry scone and me at the Getty Center Cafe.

P1140367.jpeg

For those who still want to have an attack of the vapours, my belt doesn't match my shoes.

BFT9000

Reaction score

Orbis881

Reaction score

View attachment 1194176

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, at the Getty Center this morning showing some of the challenges of taking pictures with Greek or Roman statues.

If this picture was taken standing on the other side of this statue, some may have had an attack of the vapours.

View attachment 1194177

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a cranberry scone and me at the Getty Center Cafe.

View attachment 1194178

For those who still want to have an attack of the vapours, my belt doesn't match my shoes.
Those suede brogues are lovely.

I have never seen ancient Roman or Greek statues upclose in real life. I would love to see them like that, without a crowd or having to rush. I would probably be mesmerized for hours.

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1/2 a Million shoes per year, that's almost 10K per week, and that is about 1900 a day assuming a 5 day work week. WOW that's a lot of shoes! And assuming only one 8 hour shift, that's around 240 shoes an hour or about 4 a minute? How many people are actually employed making footwear? I'm going to guess that 500K number is not just PW, but also DR and wherever else AE makes shoes.
Yes, I would assume that, that production number is a compilation from all of their sources. Here is an interview I did with Paul Grangaard a few years back. He covers some of the questions being asked here:

DRJames

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Been a little while since I checked in, glad to see you all still running strong!

So I had a little mishap with my trunk show HM's, but Ashley naturally took care of me and made it right. Got the remakes back in hand a couple weeks ago, but unfortunately I made a mistake and don't think the size is going to work for me. Something crazy is gong on with my feet and I can't seem to wear any of my HMs anymore, despite having worn them comfortably for years. Don't feel right sending them back to AE since they did everything correctly and the shoes are essentially flawless.

So, if anyone missed out on the trunk show or is interested in a pair of Brown Shell HMs in 9.5D w/ JR soles, I may be able to cut you a deal. Just shoot me a PM.

schweezly

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Been a little while since I checked in, glad to see you all still running strong!

So I had a little mishap with my trunk show HM's, but Ashley naturally took care of me and made it right. Got the remakes back in hand a couple weeks ago, but unfortunately I made a mistake and don't think the size is going to work for me. Something crazy is gong on with my feet and I can't seem to wear any of my HMs anymore, despite having worn them comfortably for years. Don't feel right sending them back to AE since they did everything correctly and the shoes are essentially flawless.

So, if anyone missed out on the trunk show or is interested in a pair of Brown Shell HMs in 9.5D w/ JR soles, I may be able to cut you a deal. Just shoot me a PM.
I’d love a pair, but these are probably a hair small on me (at least the CXL are.)

I’m sure someone will be happy to pick them up

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1194176

View attachment 1194177

View attachment 1194178

That jacket is fantastic!

BFT9000

Reaction score
So I decided to buy a few clearance bracelets from AE during the warehouse sale. The first two arrived today. What did I receive?

Drumroll please!

IMG_20190618_180453.jpg

Two empty denim bags! Literally just the bags with nothing in them.

Thankfully a quick call to Port Washington customer service has them (hopefully) sending the actual bracelets my way.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.