• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

tcbinnc

Reaction score
I can try that, but I don't have a traditional dryer, have an LG washer/dryer combo unit that uses ventless condensing drying, although I can set it for things like more dry, less dry, damp. I have very little to loose by trying, so think I will give it a shot next week. I think I should have ordered 34 Raleigh and it would be fine, not overly un-fine as it is, but they fit a bit like Levi's and not the Gustin's or Brave Star (which for stupid "man-ity" sizing are a 32 for me)
LG ug
I tried to get some decent lighting outside, but it wasn't happening in this 3:30 PM California sun. The sun here is always on steroids and it makes the lighting look pretty dull when I tried to capture a pictures of my recent guitar and the Parks. I'm not an expert on lighting, like @AEShoeMan who's shoes often look like edible pastries because the polishing and lighting is so good. I'm still learning how find spots where the lighting is better. Our entrance door often has good lighting, but the spot is so small that there's barely enough room. You can compare below to see how much better both the shoes and guitar look in the doorway lighting.

In regards to the Gator Parks, they are the only pair I feel extra cautious with. It's the only pair I would never be able to replace in the future. They've mostly been in my closet as I prefer not to leave them out on the rack. They are so old that they have little sweat holes in the lining at the toe area. AE must have stopped doing this a long time ago. The lining feels as soft as any of my Indy shoes. The only thing that sucks is the VIP rubber sole. While not a bad rubber option, it takes away from the potential of this shoe. This is one of the few pair I plan to not send to AE to recraft. I'm planning to go with Bedo's, but a new JR sole would cost a minimum of $200. I'm also a little scared to send these in the mail in case something happens to them. I'm in no rush to mail these somewhere. What both these shoes the guitar have in common is that I will not be able to replace either of them in the future.

Outdoor:
View attachment 1192800

Indoor:
View attachment 1192801

A good demonstration on lighting effects. And the shoes and guitar sure are pretty, both ways.

Last edited:

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Father’s Day gents. My Granddaughter is taking me to McDonald’s. Bellevue is my shoe.
CB3411CF-38C9-4C5D-8BD1-DFCBC8AF0240.jpeg

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Father’s Day forum Dads. Glad that in this day and age it is still being celebrated.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brazilian BBQ today with nomads for Father’s Day
E5DD52EE-C051-40DD-A4EC-0D47E99C6D38.jpeg

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to get some decent lighting outside, but it wasn't happening in this 3:30 PM California sun. The sun here is always on steroids and it makes the lighting look pretty dull when I tried to capture a pictures of my recent guitar and the Parks. I'm not an expert on lighting, like @AEShoeMan who's shoes often look like edible pastries because the polishing and lighting is so good. I'm still learning how find spots where the lighting is better. Our entrance door often has good lighting, but the spot is so small that there's barely enough room. You can compare below to see how much better both the shoes and guitar look in the doorway lighting.

In regards to the Gator Parks, they are the only pair I feel extra cautious with. It's the only pair I would never be able to replace in the future. They've mostly been in my closet as I prefer not to leave them out on the rack. They are so old that they have little sweat holes in the lining at the toe area. AE must have stopped doing this a long time ago. The lining feels as soft as any of my Indy shoes. The only thing that sucks is the VIP rubber sole. While not a bad rubber option, it takes away from the potential of this shoe. This is one of the few pair I plan to not send to AE to recraft. I'm planning to go with Bedo's, but a new JR sole would cost a minimum of $200. I'm also a little scared to send these in the mail in case something happens to them. I'm in no rush to mail these somewhere. What both these shoes the guitar have in common is that I will not be able to replace either of them in the future.

Outdoor:
View attachment 1192800

Indoor:
View attachment 1192801

Those shoes are absolutely exquisite! And at that price, anyone would be a fool NOT to jump at those. I am green with envy. :alien:

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had wanted an alligator watch band to match my Chesters. Rather than pay a reasonable fee, I elected to make one even though I had no leather experience. I watched a few YouTube videos, and I slept at a holiday inn, so I must be an expert. Right? It was fun, but I would not recommend it to “save” money. I learned a lot and would make some changes fo the next one. Good enough for a cheap watch.

E41A6E0F-E8F6-442D-9C56-59FAE14DB561.jpeg

651F79D7-419A-45B1-875B-BB6C602D0D33.jpeg

051BB1B6-1995-4F64-B170-B08237872973.jpeg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some folks on other boards are reporting order cancellations on the Boulevards. Haven't combed through posts here to see if others have, but if not then it's out there. If they have, well then whatever. I got whisky stones in the shape of skulls so I'm gonna go have a pour.

robster35

Reaction score
Is it pretty universal to size down in length and go up in width on the 65 last?? Local cobbler measured my foot and said i need to go true to size. Ive now accumulated 4-5 pair on this last and a couple fit well albeit slightly long ( mcallisters and mcgregors) and a few fit ok but snug in width on my slightly wider right foot (strands,strandmoks), with my brown strands being particularly snug.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look really nice! I have never seen the Nomad Chelseas in such rich brown calfskin. That’s a great looking boot.
It comes in coffee. I used saphir medium brown for most, but dark brown on the toes and rears.

madhat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it pretty universal to size down in length and go up in width on the 65 last?? Local cobbler measured my foot and said i need to go true to size. Ive now accumulated 4-5 pair on this last and a couple fit well albeit slightly long ( mcallisters and mcgregors) and a few fit ok but snug in width on my slightly wider right foot (strands,strandmoks), with my brown strands being particularly snug.
Not universal, but there is a decent amount that do. The difference in patterns I would have used to justify your variance, but they're all brogues. So, I'm going with manufacturing tolerances. Sometimes the same model can fit differently due to lasting differences. It wouldn't hurt to try the alternate size to see if it feels better though.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not universal. Works for me.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those $3000 shoes?

They are incredible. I get it that they are irreplaceable, but, they are just shoes and wearing them may enhance your mood/day. The rubber soles make them weather ready.

I have that sole on several shell items, many of these have become my bad-weather bad-ass shoes.
I'm not sure how much they were at retail price. I've seen gator seconds on Shoebank for over $1900. Perhaps they were similarly priced as the Sterling? @ace13x or @smfdoc might know how much they cost originally.

I also noticed that in those old AE catalogs from around 1998-2001, you were given all these incredible rare leather options for MTO shoes. It's hard for me to imagine that these days, given how much things have changed.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had wanted an alligator watch band to match my Chesters. Rather than pay a reasonable fee, I elected to make one even though I had no leather experience. I watched a few YouTube videos, and I slept at a holiday inn, so I must be an expert. Right? It was fun, but I would not recommend it to “save” money. I learned a lot and would make some changes fo the next one. Good enough for a cheap watch.

View attachment 1193235

View attachment 1193236

View attachment 1193237
Looks pretty good to me. You’re being too hard on yourself. You may have discovered a finance option for more shoes :-D if that’s real alligator you could sell them.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.