• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of deals can you guys actually figure out your best deal ever from AE? I am having a very hard time with my Best Deal Ever. At this point my BDE might be a shoe that I paid full price. But I still consider it a deal as it was less than the other guys price and the shoe gives me ultimate enjoyment. How would you frame your BDE?
Gator Park Aves - $345
University Dark Chili - $133
Park Ave Oxblood - $84 (later sold these because they were too redundant)
Jefferson $177

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mass Drop/Raleigh Denim arrived today. First thing is the cool hip bone thing isn't on the inside of the pocket, just a MassDrop X Raleigh logo and signatures of the Raleigh owners. Construction of the jeans seems to be very good, button holes for fly are almost too small for the buttons, which is a pain early on, but good later. I don't remember if they are sanforized or not, if not they will fit perfectly after soak, if they are I should have gone down a size, but they are still wearable. Of course, like 99% of the smaller jeans companies, they are about 6 inches too long so I either have to roll, or have them hemmed. Like the color of the denim, and they will go well with my AE's (keeping it somewhat on track)
Did you order the waist TTS?

They're almost certainly sanforized. I notice mine tighten a bit after a soak but stretch back out, though I will them straight out without either. What's your typical wash/dry strategy?

As far as the hem, roll and then get it done at the shop when you come visit ;)

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best deal ever? $20 vintage golden Nunn Bush Longwings. They cleaned up nicely.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best Deal Ever (“BDE”) was probably when I got my MTO Dublin Long Branches (a near replica of the famous GMTO version) right before the MTO program was terminated (er ... maybe a bit after ... ahem ... the program was terminated).

The MTO fee was waived and a certain famous SA just might have noticed the regular LB’s were on sale that week so ... I may have gotten the sales price on the MTO.

The other BDE was back before Shoebank offerings were on a web site. You called and they would email a list of stock in your size. Kirsten sent me a list from time to time and I kept noticing a shoe in my size listed by only a model number instead of a name for (I think) $199. So I called. She said it was a McGraw loafer in truffle shell. Insta-buy.

RMB35

Reaction score
Suede trunk show?
CXL trunk show?
Football grain options?

I really had hoped to hear some sort of positive news on this by now. Right now it just seems like wishes and ideas.

I really wanted some football grain — especially a Higgins Mill. Since I hadn’t heard anything that confirms a trunk show is happening, or whether football grained leather will be an option, I started looking at those brown grain Boulevards. I put them in my cart, but was waiting and hoping to hear about a trunk show. It was the clearance price on those Boulevards that sealed the deal for me.
Every time I see discussion of football leather I feel obligated to beg for the return of the Promontory Point. The second picture was taken from the MTO thread.
405BE5F7-0AD3-4B31-9176-586883CF0F83.png

2AC3AB5E-939B-4BEE-B29F-3632CF998E4C.png

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you order the waist TTS?

They're almost certainly sanforized. I notice mine tighten a bit after a soak but stretch back out, though I will them straight out without either. What's your typical wash/dry strategy?

As far as the hem, roll and then get it done at the shop when you come visit ;)
I ordered waist based on Gustin waist size (shot in the dark so to speak) Typical wash/dry for Jeans is wash in machine - warm, then hang to dry.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered waist based on Gustin waist size (shot in the dark so to speak) Typical wash/dry for Jeans is wash in machine - warm, then hang to dry.
Yeah - Gustin is very TTS. My Raleighs are the next waist-size down from my Gustins. You might get 'em down a little tighter wtih a run on Delicate in the dryer...

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah - Gustin is very TTS. My Raleighs are the next waist-size down from my Gustins. You might get 'em down a little tighter wtih a run on Delicate in the dryer...
I can try that, but I don't have a traditional dryer, have an LG washer/dryer combo unit that uses ventless condensing drying, although I can set it for things like more dry, less dry, damp. I have very little to loose by trying, so think I will give it a shot next week. I think I should have ordered 34 Raleigh and it would be fine, not overly un-fine as it is, but they fit a bit like Levi's and not the Gustin's or Brave Star (which for stupid "man-ity" sizing are a 32 for me)

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Graduation party.... who says you can’t wear weaves with a suit—no tie!
2E1F2BB5-BA82-4FEC-8D36-459C7FE53AD9.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe the damp setting...
That was the one I was going to use, although EVERYTHING comes out a tiny touch damp, even on more dry setting. We don't care as we hang 99% of stuff anyway. Since the stupid contractor put in a 35 foot dryer run, this is a better option for us than trying to clean a massive dryer vent every year (have a friend who burned down his house due to a dryer fire, so it spooks me)

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.