• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL!
My son, bless his heart, used to wear a T shirt, at his Quaker boarding school where the Cafeteria served (probably still does) vegan cuisine, saying People for Eating Tasty Animals. Chip off the ol’ Block!
85B836F0-B57F-4D7D-8213-DD9B4D33DCF7.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s wingtip Wednesday
20F834E2-3A71-4D5E-BFE6-DB8BC1917C45.jpeg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to wager a quarter pounder with cheese that regardless of the number of animals, it's not "the global leather industry" that's slaughtering them; rather, that whole "food" thing that they seem to be made up of is the root cause of their tragic yet necessary demise.

Do you get it? Do you get the joke about my wager now? :hide:
I can't seem to remember a time where I killed an animal so I could eat a pair of shoes.
Non-AE content for Wingtip Wednesday (they're the only wingtips I have...):

View attachment 1191165
Meccariello Decurion 3
is the toe box as flat as the picture makes it seem?

munchau

Reaction score
Ok, so I hate to be that guy, but I want to ask what you all think about the pair of HMs I received. I understand these are boots, and if they were seconds I’d be cool with this, but what do you all think?

Here is the vamp of the left boot:

075398D2-0794-4D0E-9C5D-98BBAD624492.jpeg

Here is the toe/vamp of the right:
CDC76129-CDBE-4DB4-AEA1-528F6F3EE198.jpeg

There are other things too like this on the left boot:

A14309F3-EED1-463A-8727-F22C34A7C9B8.jpeg

What do you all think I should do?Am I wrong in asking for seconds pricing here?

Joe Schmoe

Reaction score
Ok, so I hate to be that guy, but I want to ask what you all think about the pair of HMs I received. I understand these are boots, and if they were seconds I’d be cool with this, but what do you all think?

View attachment 1191206

Here is the toe/vamp of the right:View attachment 1191207

View attachment 1191212
What do you all think I should do?Am I wrong in asking for seconds pricing here?
You're not wrong, those flaws are not that bad, but boots with those flaws can't fairly be called first quality, either.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1191206

View attachment 1191212
Not wrong. I prefer to put my own patina on, unless someone else is paying for it.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1191206

View attachment 1191212
They are not firsts, even if sold as firsts. But they are boots, so...... If it were me, I'd certainly make the call to see if I could get seconds pricing on them.

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1191206

View attachment 1191212
That is a reasonable request. If I was in AE I would appreciate any customer that got that and asked nicely for seconds pricing. I have had interactions with customers that had issues with product that they received and by their reaction you would have thought that I personally ran over their foot with a car and they would need their foot amputated.

munchau

Reaction score
That is a reasonable request. If I was in AE I would appreciate any customer that got that and asked nicely for seconds pricing. I have had interactions with customers that had issues with product that they received and by their reaction you would have thought that I personally ran over their foot with a car and they would need their foot amputated.

I called the cs line, and after seeing the pics they offered 20% off. I had actually immediately spoke with Raul in Charleston, and he is going to get a replacement.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who would have kept them?
Considering that they’re made of CXL, won’t they look like that by the second time you wear them anyway?
I would have. My CXL Indy boots got marks like that all over after i had worn them twice.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.