• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're by far one of my favorite things about the car. And yes, the white caps are just generic ones that come with them; I've just been way too lazy to get the CF caps I want. :hide:

Admittedly the blind spot mirror on the driver's side took a few days to get used to, but now when I drive wifey's car without it, I get all irritable hehe. She hated it the first time she drove my car, but then when we got back from the road trip I got a text from her the next day she was at work that said "I miss your mirrors."

Definitely dig 'em.....though I think when I eventually get Stage 2 tuned (and the appropriate hardware to facilitate it) I'll be singing a different tune as to my favorite thing about the car. :hide:
I trust "I miss your mirrors" is a euphemism, yes?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know all the deets, AF. I know it is a COBB tune that he says the knock sensor limits power on compared to other tunes, and that he has a turbo out of an S3 or S4.
ah he probably went IS38 (turbo found on Golf R and a few others, bigger than the one on the GTI). that would explain the torque/hp numbers. and i've heard good things about Cobb *WHEN the person tuning knows what they're doing*....which certainly seems the case here. lovely.

I trust "I miss your mirrors" is a euphemism, yes?
:hide:

matwa

Reaction score
Day 3 of Week of Maritime.

A bright Green - these were $77 forever on AE site.

06-12-19 Maritime.jpg

Shoenut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the number one statement on a list of 14 things the leather industry does not want you to know. From our every lying friends at PETA.

1. Every year, the global leather industry slaughters more than a billion animals.

This just makes 2 thru 14 ever so suspect.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My will power to resist a pair of burgundy shell second Patriots was destroyed by AE Ashley’s recent confirmation that the Patriot will be discontinued.

The Pats arrived this afternoon. I don’t see any flaws but for a wee bit of pitting on the R toe.

487C292D-7F61-4EC9-A821-19E0F954C8F9.jpeg
AB4BBCE8-BEBF-498D-8C1A-F267599B9EF4.jpeg

Glad I picked them up. Thanks Jason!!

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the number one statement on a list of 14 things the leather industry does not want you to know. From our every lying friends at PETA.

1. Every year, the global leather industry slaughters more than a billion animals.

I'd be willing to wager a quarter pounder with cheese that regardless of the number of animals, it's not "the global leather industry" that's slaughtering them; rather, that whole "food" thing that they seem to be made up of is the root cause of their tragic yet necessary demise.

Do you get it? Do you get the joke about my wager now? :hide:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So I looked up 2-14, agree with you highly suspect. Oh, going out for steak tonight also.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd be willing to wager a quarter pounder with cheese that regardless of the number of animals, it's not "the global leather industry" that's slaughtering them; rather, that whole "food" thing that they seem to be made up of is the root cause of their tragic yet necessary demise.

Do you get it? Do you get the joke about my wager now? :hide:
Doesn't PETA stand for People Eating Tasty Animals?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bond Street gives you a nice looking shoe with less break in and is easier to care for. It will be its best new. This is like the young heavy drinking and smoking hot girl at the bar. Sure she looks good tonight but after being rode for years will just not look so good.
Yes, don't get seduced by the Bond Street. You'll pay later.

Delray for today. Does this sock / pant combo work okay?

20190612_100144_HDR.jpg

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.