• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canclini overshirt by Proper Cloth, Ketofest 2018 t-shirt, Lucky jeans, Stirling boots, and Hockerty overcoat. Preparing for snow..
496EC600-85AE-4D7B-A952-E91AE61BF5D0.jpeg
18627AEE-A2A1-4703-9E33-D02B78FAC652.jpeg

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Roycru probably knows the answer to this riddle.

Earlier this week I talked about how Allen Edmonds sampled two different designs for the Strandmok before their release in 2013. Notice the flat welt, contrast welt stitching, and contrast midsole.

View attachment 1105289
View attachment 1105290

It turns out that there were actually THREE colors that were never officially released. The two above plus a 'snuff suede Strandmok w/orange midsole'.

These are in the same line of suede Strandmoks that @Roycru refers to as the Strandmok 0.0, pictured below.

View attachment 1105295 View attachment 1105296

Fully unlined except for the heel, Vibram Gumlite sole just like the 2.0s from 2016, BUT they come with a flat welt unlike the Strandmoks from 2014 onwards.

Like @armedferret I thought these were your typical saddle suede Strandmoks 2.0 before I watched @ProfilaBinding's video and started looking more carefully at the details on this pair.

Before this the only mention of this variant of Strandmok 0.0 was on the original Appreciation Thread back in 2014 when someone wondered what this shoe was when they saw it listed on ShoeBank without a picture and with a different model number than any other available Strandmok from that time.

Unlike the olive and nutmeg variants above snuff suede Strandmoks 0.0 seem to have been produced in very limited quantities and then sold directly through ShoeBank as seconds when it was decided they wouldn't be launching alongside the navy and tan suede versions.

Yet another interesting chapter in the history of the Strand...
Both @Roycru and I had a tan version with the gum lite sole. The real issue I had was that the tongue was floppy, and not stitched on one side. The shoe was unstructured and clumsy altogether, and was donated immediately.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What deuce said. If you’re familiar with the sea island, instep is about the same, but the Patriot doesn’t shred your heel. I tried the Pats in shell, but the looser lasting made then just a bit too generous. These work well for my lower-volume foot.

Sorry to hear that! Sometimes it’s good to be D...
Great pick up on the heel issue with Sea Island @jet-stream . Wore a pair last night for a party at our home, and I kept adjusting the shoes due to its angle into my Achilles.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ours starts later. Tomorrow we find out if me snow blower works
Mine works! But I have the smaller, homeowner version of gas snowblower. Good to about 6 inches of snow, so I have to snowblower the drive/walks a couple of times in a storm like this. Just got in from round 1 and it's still snowing, but not as bad. BTW- HM's are too slippery on snow covered concrete to do the job, went back to the lug Indy's.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine works! But I have the smaller, homeowner version of gas snowblower. Good to about 6 inches of snow, so I have to snowblower the drive/walks a couple of times in a storm like this. Just got in from round 1 and it's still snowing, but not as bad. BTW- HM's are too slippery on snow covered concrete to do the job, went back to the lug Indy's.
I left stabilized gas in the blower all off season... can’t really drain it well, so I am going to add fresh gas and stabilizer to it. I have a a 24inch toro

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I left stabilized gas in the blower all off season... can’t really drain it well, so I am going to add fresh gas and stabilizer to it. I have a a 24inch toro
That's the kind of blower I have, the thing to keep on hand is a product called Sea-Foam. It's a fuel additive that will clean the crap out of any gasoline engine/carb or reeds on 2-cycle. Stuff is awesome! I once left gas in a mower for 2 seasons, put a bottle of sea-foam in, sprayed some carb cleaner in the carb and the sucker started and ran like it was on steroids.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone here ever ordered trousers from a company named Hertling in NY? Got an email with a pair of Donegal Trousers with side tabs that look really interesting. Not exactly inexpensive, but I would pay that amount for nice Tweed, but not Denim :)

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man. That’s one of the denims I let slip through my fingers. Let me know how you like it. Still not sure what fit and size is going to work best. Probably a 31 in slim straight or regular taper.

A note on jeans. I was looking at mine and noticed many of my new pairs don’t have double needle stitching on the inseam but all of my old Levi’s do (not the new 511’s) and my $40 target selvedge jeans have it. I feel bad for my kids and how hard they’re going to have to search for quality and what they’ll have to pay for it if they actually find it.

Cone Mills 15 ounce
20% discount
1 size remaining in Lone wolf category. 31x36 slim straight
:(
no returns though and that spooks me since you have no size confirmation.

https://bravestarselvage.com/collections/lone-wolves/products/the-slim-straight-15oz
Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.10.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.09.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.09.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.09.50 AM.png

Last edited:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the kind of blower I have, the thing to keep on hand is a product called Sea-Foam. It's a fuel additive that will clean the crap out of any gasoline engine/carb or reeds on 2-cycle. Stuff is awesome! I once left gas in a mower for 2 seasons, put a bottle of sea-foam in, sprayed some carb cleaner in the carb and the sucker started and ran like it was on steroids.

I have sea foam. How much should I put in the tank with the new gas?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone here ever ordered trousers from a company named Hertling in NY? Got an email with a pair of Donegal Trousers with side tabs that look really interesting. Not exactly inexpensive, but I would pay that amount for nice Tweed, but not Denim :)
I think I got the same email. Is it sad that my gut it to reject that price, but have no problems doubling it for shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads