1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by St Hubbins, Dec 31, 2018.

1. EZB

EZB Senior Member

basically means a slightly earlier recraft than normal. At such a discount, it is well worth it

2. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

It means someone bought the shoe and probably before ever wearing them had a rubber bit glued on, likely because they felt the full leather didn't offer traction or wouldn't last *rolls eyes*

3. EZB

EZB Senior Member

Because rather than get a v tread MTO cambridge, they bought one for $650-$700 and then didn't get it lol

The rubber will wear faster, so Ill get an earlier recraft is all.. 5 years in instead of 10

4. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

I didn't get a chance to chime in. They're what I've always referred to as Strandmok 1.0 (though obviously there was no 1.0 before the 2.0) or as the OG Strandmoks. I've seen the Brogue with orange at Burlington Coat Factory back in the day. I don't remember the size other than it wasn't mine.

5. orange fury

orange fury Distinguished Member

:lol::lol::lol:

6. VeritasAequitas

VeritasAequitas Senior Member

Hey guys, I'm having a brain fart. What's the name of the place that has MTM suits and such you can order online? I think they may be based in Canada?

7. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

Spier & Mackay is in Canada, but I’m not sure if they do MTM.

8. VeritasAequitas

VeritasAequitas Senior Member

Yes, that's the one I'm thinking of. I thought they did MTM but maybe not.

9. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Distinguished Member

10. madhat

That's just mean!
    MTO shirts online, suits only in person/store currently.

11. unprocessed

unprocessed Well-Known Member

I've noticed that the AE horsehair brush has been unavailable online for a little while now. Imagine it should be back in stock sooner rather than later? I think it's a great value for $10.

12. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

I snapped this photo on 8/27/16 when I was at NR in Costa Mesa. I wonder if this shoe in the middle is the exact same one you found. :lol: The other AE shoes here are a pair of navy suede Parks (that I bought and later sold) and a pair of olive Baton Rouge shoes.

IMG_20160827_142032.jpg

13. madhat

This is even meaner...

14. BFT9000

BFT9000 Senior Member

That would be pretty crazy!

This pair was shipped to me from Scottsdale and they came with brown laces. I changed them over to orange to match the welt stitch and midsole. The brown laces they came with were thicker and cheaper than the ones AE usually uses so it might be the case someone replaced their original ones.

Other than that the shoes look like they've been tried on but basically brand new and unworn. eBay listing said that they were a floor model, who knows?

I wonder if there's a bigger story behind this model than I've uncovered so far. Nordstrom Rack, Burlington Coat Factory and ShoeBank, hmm...