1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2019 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by St Hubbins, Dec 31, 2018.

1. audog

audog Distinguished Member

Thanks! How can I trade them in for shoes?

2. Christopher Alan

Christopher Alan Senior Member

Rush Street?

3. BFT9000

BFT9000 Senior Member

Call any Allen Edmonds sales associate and tell them you've got Weasel Points to exchange. Afterwards message me and let me know how it went.

4. audog

audog Distinguished Member

Sounds like a plan, but I can tell you before I call how it went :)

5. pbrandes

pbrandes Senior Member

My harvest from the DOT lottery (dottery?)... Boulevard with v-tread, courtesy of Kristen at Paramus. Slight burnishing smear on the right vamp, not much of a problem since I intend to burnish toes and heels for more varied patina anyway. Not many derby options on the 65 last these days, so all in all very satisfied for $99.

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

6. AEfaninTampa

AEfaninTampa Senior Member

Those are my size and I see them EVERY time I look at SB. Through all of the sales and pricing changes, they have never been anything other than $1,919.00. I keep telling Kristen, as soon as those are mismarked as $191.19 (#gatorgate?) they're mine! She laughs and says they are discounted down from $2,419 which is the standard AE exotic price. Ouch!

7. BFT9000

BFT9000 Senior Member

@Roycru probably knows the answer to this riddle.

Earlier this week I talked about how Allen Edmonds sampled two different designs for the Strandmok before their release in 2013. Notice the flat welt, contrast welt stitching, and contrast midsole.

1000.jpg
    strandmok_nutmeg_2.jpg

It turns out that there were actually THREE colors that were never officially released. The two above plus a 'snuff suede Strandmok w/orange midsole'.

These are in the same line of suede Strandmoks that @Roycru refers to as the Strandmok 0.0, pictured below.

Picture_3_grande.png Picture_5_1024x1024.png

Fully unlined except for the heel, Vibram Gumlite sole just like the 2.0s from 2016, BUT they come with a flat welt unlike the Strandmoks from 2014 onwards.

Like @armedferret I thought these were your typical saddle suede Strandmoks 2.0 before I watched @ProfilaBinding's video and started looking more carefully at the details on this pair.

Before this the only mention of this variant of Strandmok 0.0 was on the original Appreciation Thread back in 2014 when someone wondered what this shoe was when they saw it listed on ShoeBank without a picture and with a different model number than any other available Strandmok from that time.

Unlike the olive and nutmeg variants above snuff suede Strandmoks 0.0 seem to have been produced in very limited quantities and then sold directly through ShoeBank as seconds when it was decided they wouldn't be launching alongside the navy and tan suede versions.

Yet another interesting chapter in the history of the Strand...

8. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

I like the length on my Gustins.
    I may end up getting them hemmed, but for now I just have to turn them up about 1-1/2” or so.

9. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

So that's how you fit into your slippers! (Referring to your pinky toe placement being further down your foot compared to mine allowing you to go further into the taper of a shoe)

10. AEfaninTampa

AEfaninTampa Senior Member

Can anyone help identify the timeframe for this sole stamp? And how far back was the JBM made? Was it ever just black?

Thanks.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

11. Jeff d

Jeff d Well-Known Member

Bummer, I was hoping that you went with the boots, but If either of the shoes do not fit let me know.

12. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

magic-8-ball.jpg

13. EZB

EZB Senior Member

As promised... pic of the Cambridge from our fine friend on the Bay. Were these soles an option at one time ?
    6B171CD8-4449-43B2-A81E-93D38A42544A.jpeg

14. madhat

Owner added sole that got accepted as a return anyway

15. madhat

As new as 2015.

Black liner was further back, but I don't believe the JBM was made at that time. Oldest I can find them is 2014, but they could have started in 2009 or 10. 2008 had the red/green Shelton as the christmas shoe...I really wanted one despite knowing i couldn't justify it at the time.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 6:59 PM

16. Roycru

Roycru Distinguished Member

Since the tan suede Strandmok 0.0's from 2013 have been mentioned here's how my pair looks now, faded and with heels replaced in not exactly the same color rubber. (They came with both tan and olive laces.)

P1120914.JPG

For fans of "A-E In The Wild After Dark" pictures, tan suede Strandmok 0.0's in the wild after dark last April.

P1110455.JPG