• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robster35

Reaction score
65 last wearers - will the pinky toe area stretch out over time? My left foot is fine but my right foot is slightly wider and every pair is a bit snug in that area. Really hope i dont need an E width as ive got quite a few pair in D

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
65 last wearers - will the pinky toe area stretch out over time? My left foot is fine but my right foot is slightly wider and every pair is a bit snug in that area. Really hope i dont need an E width as ive got quite a few pair in D

The calf models do stretch a little.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If Calf I would say yes. There is a significant taper on the 1943 last that would hit my pink toe and over time it has gotten much better. It can vary based on the shoe however not all shoes on the same last are created equal.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the package... From our friend at the Bay, a nearly new pair of Cambridge with vibram half-soles. WOW these things are stiff with the shell and double soles! I imagine that is how these got returned. Really not much wrong with them. A random tiny scratch that isn't visible here or there. Clearly only really worn once--and not for long. I wonder how they got the Vibram soles there. Did AE used to do that?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The HM has become my favorite for fall/winter. I’m wearing them more than I expected.
931062A1-78EC-4B8D-A3F6-44030485047C.jpeg

Do you have a fall/winter favorite?

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the package... From our friend at the Bay, a nearly new pair of Cambridge with vibram half-soles. WOW these things are stiff with the shell and double soles! I imagine that is how these got returned. Really not much wrong with them. A random tiny scratch that isn't visible here or there. Clearly only really worn once--and not for long. I wonder how they got the Vibram soles there. Did AE used to do that?

What, no picture?

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only reason I don't have a pair of the tan Dublin Stirlings is because I already have these OG McTavishes. Love the color on them. Wish I'd dropped down 1/2 size, but I'm not complaining too much considering the $147 I paid for them 4 or so years ago. Sorry about the lighting, I should have snapped these earlier in the morning. Instead, you get a nooner out of me for this one.

IMG_2861.jpg

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday is in bloom.

Shell thoughts: Shell really is a great material, and bloom an interesting attribute. After wearing a pair, sometimes, bloom is very prominent when you pick them up next. Other times, it is hardly evident at all. I'm not really sure why.

IMG_20190111_061213.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1104868 Maiden voyage of brown shell strand dot labeled SMU’s today, purchased during the recent sale

Why were they a DOT shoe? What was special, the sole?

Friday is in bloom.

Shell thoughts: Shell really is a great material, and bloom an interesting attribute. After wearing a pair, sometimes, bloom is very prominent when you pick them up next. Other times, it is hardly evident at all. I'm not really sure why.

View attachment 1105003

Great looking boot. I don't know why they don't make it in shell. Would fit right in with their new collection of boots.

Some of my shoes have lots of bloom like that! Almost looks like mold to the uneducated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads