• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
B9827926-84E7-4D7B-9D71-2A00BFAD20F1.jpeg
Fifth Streets got the edge over Walton today. My wife was emphatic that boots were the ticket.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another day, another doctor.....

View attachment 1051447

Not the best iPhone picture in the history of Mankind, but at least it's a A-E shoe picture (tan suede Strandmok 0.0's) in an A-E shoe thread.

Another fun day. Had to breathe through a thing that looked like a high tech hookah for around half an hour, had a shot in the rear end, a chest X-ray, and left with a prescription that cost (as I found out at the drug store when I got there) $249.00 (after my insurance paid 90% of it).

Was back at the house for around an hour and the doctor called, the bronchitis (of last week) had become Pneumonia (both probably caused by reduced immunity from six months of sleep deprivation) and I had to come back to his office for another shot in the rear end (which, at least) was done on the other side. Have no idea what would have happened if I needed a third shot.

For fans of "Wearing A-E Shoes In The Wilds Of Arizona" pictures, was still wearing the tan suede Strandmok 0.0's when I took some garbage out to the dumpster at sunset.

View attachment 1051449

A related "Wearing A-E Shoes In Arizona" discovery. Suede (except grey suede) and grain leather shoes don't show the dust. Polished leather shoes do. (Although this may not apply in parts of Arizona where there is pavement and grass, rather than dirt, sand, gravel, and when it rains, mud.)
Take care of yourself.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Lands End 5 pocket moleskin pants? Thinking of grabbing a pair. I buy slim in BR and Spier and Mackay, anyone know how much bigger the straight fit would run?

Not sure how BR and S&M fit, but I have the Lands send straight fit mole skins from last year and love them. They’re fitted, but not too slim and have a decent rise. The fabric is great too, and they’re pretty decently warm- they work well down here at least. Pics from around last Thanksgiving/Christmas:
55BE827D-CA77-4CC1-A8EF-25B2B630D6BE.jpeg
0FD26E19-EEC5-4FEA-AAEA-BAB9A3C99E4F.jpeg
8C35F7F6-F0BE-4048-8245-1953A66F9C43.jpeg
CB9C7729-11E9-4637-BE3C-3E15433C5EC4.jpeg

Also, mine are the Umber color. I would add another pair if they did a dark green/loden, but I’m not interested in the charcoal.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Attention everyone:
I asked if the Mercer Street Suede penny was split or full grain suede.
And the Answer:
"The Mercer style features polished Italian calfskin."
I am getting an education from the Shoe Pro's at AE everyday it seems.
I know nothing about suede!!!!

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally Friday fellas! It is not 90 degrees here - it is 31 this morning and we actually had a VERY small amount of snow flurries yesterday.... I'd prefer something in between... you know, like actual fall weather! I hope everyone has a good one today as we coast into the weekend!

Non-AE content - Alden for me today
20181012_073807-jpg.1051551
20181012_073622-jpg.1051550

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure how BR and S&M fit, but I have the Lands send straight fit mole skins from last year and love them. They’re fitted, but not too slim and have a decent rise. The fabric is great too, and they’re pretty decently warm- they work well down here at least. Pics from around last Thanksgiving/Christmas:
View attachment 1051529 View attachment 1051530 View attachment 1051531 View attachment 1051532

Also, mine are the Umber color. I would add another pair if they did a dark green/loden, but I’m not interested in the charcoal.
I blame my pair on you. And they're great...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads