• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Switched to these for the rest of the day.

20180712_130639.jpg

srolaser

Reaction score
And really, that’s what this is all about... that and shoe pr0n:

Bonus points if you know what those are (smfdoc is not allowed to say, as he already knows since I ripped these from one of his oldetime vintage thread posts).
Great shoe. I have one in brown, the Boulevard from the 1980's I think. S

LLEE

Reaction score
Probably bitched before, but does anyone know why exactly it is AE will shoe something on the global page, but then say it’s unavailable internationally when you actually want to buy it? You’d think I’d learn, but I always get my hopes up.

Ah well, Rogues today.

1AA29B39-0F44-4119-834A-6C80A94EC0CD.jpeg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pics, but cuffs. I like cuffs on suits if I can, but not on casual pants (I know, heresy)
The whole pant cuffs versus non-cuffs thing makes me cranky. I like pant cuffs on some suits, no cuffs on others. If you like cuffs on your suit, do it.

However, my rules generally go like this: Single breasted: flat-front pants and no cuffs. Three piece single breasted: flat front pants, maybe cuffs or maybe no cuffs (if I have lapels on the vest, or the vest is double breasted, I may cuff the pants). Double-breasted: single forward pleat and cuffed pants - same for my one 3-piece double breasted suit.

That said, I have suits that violate my own rules. Fashion is BS, style is what matters, and if it fits well and you think it looks awesome, then you'll own it (and everyone knows when you're owning it and that makes you king-kong up in that mofo).

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably bitched before, but does anyone know why exactly it is AE will shoe something on the global page, but then say it’s unavailable internationally when you actually want to buy it? You’d think I’d learn, but I always get my hopes up.

Ah well, Rogues today.

View attachment 1003437
Unavailable exactly how?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude - Vans needs to run those puppies again! I've heard there's a dip in leather demand. I kinda doubt that's hitting Horween as much as the rest of the industry, but that's the kind of thing shoe companies should be doing to pull the younger set into good leather...
Agreed man, I love the contrasting pebble grain too.

The bolded is exactly what happened with me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads