• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping to break a leg on what is the maiden voyage of these black shell Park Ave’s today.
43AA847A-E9A6-4F0E-8122-942791718297.jpeg

Little Wing

Reaction score
Careful, some people here have all sorts of rectal insertions about feet on cars. Ask me how I know. :hide:

All good, it's my car and it's only hovering.

Do you have your foot on an 8C?

No, Giulia

Note: Inbound Internet Rage

My daughter was trying to make me feel guilty about all the attention I give to my cars and footwear, so I snapped this photo to give her a hard time. Thought I'd share.

RaiderATO

Reaction score
Stirling boots...is it true you need to size way down? I’m about a 10e in the 65 last (except a D with my strandmok’s that seem slightly wider.)
11.5D in 65 is pretty perfect for me. I need boot socks in my 11.5D Stirling to be totally confident in the fit. I'd think you'd be fine with the D width on your E foot.

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
Got these Hopkinson seconds yesterday and I’m digging them - the leather is softer inside and out, they seem to hug my heel, and they feel lighter.

I doubt I’ll wear them that much but the internet said a pair of black cap toes is REQUIRED!!!!! - for funerals (otherwise I would be thrown out after the pastor had pointed out my sinful transgressions), and job interviews (otherwise I would not get the job, but instead get roughed up by security).

Here they are fresh out of the box with laces put in:
F2F9E2DD-4CC5-4AAF-B549-5EE2A255FBE7.jpeg

A few minor things pushed this into seconds category; a cut on the upper of right shoe (barely noticeable):
6F054B30-C465-4BBB-95F6-062EB976C81A.jpeg

A chip on the heel (easily covered with edge dressing):
AB8B4E91-692A-45BE-8614-9CA5FA4C578C.jpeg

And the name on the insole is messed up (who cares):
317E5C2C-3E24-4D1D-A3E5-D36F6F4A3EBD.jpeg

Here they are with some polish applied:
4F8E26AB-8CC3-49C1-B424-81E6B0D108ED.jpeg
1F0FB877-B3B4-42B5-A0C0-54F6E0C4D8AF.jpeg

Quite a weight off of my shoulders, knowing that now that I can see friends and family off to their eternal rest. Whew!
D0C08CF9-7424-40B9-AA48-A08FA7A709CC.jpeg

Last edited:

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it’s okay, I’d like to interrupt boot week to say that Karina and Kristen are absolutely incredible. Perhap we should have an SA appreciation week or something to recognize how hard our favorite SA’s work to make us happy.

Not a bad idea.

I remember when Kristen solved the unavailable kudu problem by making my loden HMs. And Ashley convinced me at the edge of MTO termination to build the Shark HMs. Those 2 are my favorite AE items in the closet.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are nice... more info plz.
Sorry, but I don't know much. I found them on vcleat's watchlist. The date code comes up invalid. There is no model number. That might be a special order code. Pre 92 from the logo. Rubber heel with the shield logo. Leather soles with open channel. Looks like coventry calf from the pattern. Less common in oxford than the longwing blucher gunboats from what I have seen on eBay and Google.

Very comfortable.

Maybe David can add something... @davidVC
0607181321.jpeg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All good, it's my car and it's only hovering.

My daughter was trying to make me feel guilty about all the attention I give to my cars and footwear, so I snapped this photo to give her a hard time. Thought I'd share.

No worries; I hovered my foot over both a 458 and a 430 Scud and a bunch of people got vein-throbbing-in-forehead upset. :hide:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should head over to AAAC and start a thread called "General Loafer Hate". Let me know when I should make some popcorn.

That would be some good trolling, but I wouldn't want to pollute Andy's site anymore than it already has been. Everyone I've talked to said he's a good guy. I feel bad that his site has so much negativity.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not official yet, but a lot of places are reporting that there will be a 20% ebay coupon today.

How to redeem your Coupon:
Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
Pay for your item by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on June 6, 2018
Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PICKDADSGIFT
Terms & Conditions:
This Coupon is a 20% discount off a minimum purchase of $50, valid from 7:00 AM PT June 6, 2018 until 7:00 PM PT on June 6, 2018. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.com, cafr.ebay.ca and ebay.ca, and will be capped at a maximum value of $100. *Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories.

Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one-time use. Only eBay users registered with an address located in the United States, Canada, Latin America or the Caribbean are eligible for the Coupon. Valid only for purchases from ebay.com, cafr.ebay.ca and ebay.ca. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

Coupon is subject to U.S. laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time.

Just wanted to tip my hat to the superb weasling job done by @bobbler
Thank you for posting this. I shared it on another forum and several of my friends took advantage.

But this resulted in a $100 discount on a pair of black shell Daltons that I had already offered $400 for, ended up rejected at $475, but bought at $500
AND SO...I paid $400 - my original target.

Have wanted a black brogue shell boot, different than my shell Dundees...and AE is tightening options, so figured this was the time to leap. I hate to say, but the daltongate fiasco may have contributed.

Anyway, thank you sir. Good weasel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads