• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JilSlander

Reaction score
After trying on the Park Ave in various widths/sizes, the 65 last sadly does not fit me (too much heel slippage).

However, the Carlyle (108 last) fits me perfectly, but there's no cap-toe oxford option in that last.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tell me I’m not the only person who’s encountered someone “in the wild” who’s wearing an unmistakable pair of AEs and struck up a quick chat about it.

Because that just happened on the train when I spotted someone’s Strands. Lol
Last week for me. At a restaurant and the wild pair was Leeds in Walnut. It is his only pair of dress shoes.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
8:00 I made a snowman
8:10 A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman
8:15 So, I made a snow woman.
8:17 The nanny of the neighbors complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest
8:20 The gay couple living nearby grumbled that it could have been two snowmen instead.
8:25 The vegan's at No. 12 complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 I am being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:31 The Muslim gent across the road wants the snow woman to wear a headscarf.
8:40 Someone calls the cops who show up to see what’s going on.
8:42 I am told that the broomstick of the snowman needs to be removed because it could be used as a deadly weapon. Things get worse after I muttered : "Yeah, if it's up your a***"
8:45 Local TV news crew shows up. I am asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I reply, "Snowballs" and am called a sexist.
8:52 My phone is seized and thoroughly checked while I am being blindfolded and flown to the police station in a helicopter.
9:00 I'm on the news as a suspected terrorist bent on stirring up trouble during this difficult weather.
9:10 I am asked if I have any accomplices.
9:29 A little known jihadist group has claimed it was their plot.
I do not need neighbors for that to happen to me. Last night a women called me a racist and was so upset that as she was screaming spit particles were hitting me in the face. So I kissed her and told her I loved her. Then we went to sleep.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you size Plaza the same as Barrie/TB or go up to TTS?
TTS. I can wear a D in plaza, where I'm an E in the 5-last (for most shoes anyway). I'd guess a 12E might be better - I'll try one on one of these days...

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8:00 I made a snowman
8:10 A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman
8:15 So, I made a snow woman.
8:17 The nanny of the neighbors complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest
8:20 The gay couple living nearby grumbled that it could have been two snowmen instead.
8:25 The vegan's at No. 12 complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 I am being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:31 The Muslim gent across the road wants the snow woman to wear a headscarf.
8:40 Someone calls the cops who show up to see what’s going on.
8:42 I am told that the broomstick of the snowman needs to be removed because it could be used as a deadly weapon. Things get worse after I muttered : "Yeah, if it's up your a***"
8:45 Local TV news crew shows up. I am asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I reply, "Snowballs" and am called a sexist.
8:52 My phone is seized and thoroughly checked while I am being blindfolded and flown to the police station in a helicopter.
9:00 I'm on the news as a suspected terrorist bent on stirring up trouble during this difficult weather.
9:10 I am asked if I have any accomplices.
9:29 A little known jihadist group has claimed it was their plot.

I do not need neighbors for that to happen to me. Last night a women called me a racist and was so upset that as she was screaming spit particles were hitting me in the face. So I kissed her and told her I loved her. Then we went to sleep.

I'm about to start throwing flags on the play. Lmao!!!
referee_yellow_flag.jpg

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden recommends TTS in Plaza. Seems about right for me: 9.5 Barrie/TB, 10 Plaza.

TTS. I can wear a D in plaza, where I'm an E in the 5-last (for most shoes anyway). I'd guess a 12E might be better - I'll try one on one of these days...

Thanks guys. I'm trying to get on a Plaze pre-order but am unsure of sizing. How's the instep on it? My biggest fit issue is a high left instep making some otherwise well fitting pairs painfull after a couple hours.

Last edited:

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm trying to get on a Plaze pre-order bit am unsure of sizing. How's the instep on it? My biggest fit issue is a high left instep making some otherwise well fitting pairs painfull after a couple hours.
I have a low instep for the most part, so that is rarely an issue for me. My left is slightly higher, but still a non-factor. I currently don't own anything in Plaza so I can't even take a look. Sorry Sir.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm trying to get on a Plaze pre-order but am unsure of sizing. How's the instep on it? My biggest fit issue is a high left instep making some otherwise well fitting pairs painfull after a couple hours.
Plaza instep is similar to the 65 in my experience. I have 11.5EE in plaza due to availability in lieu of my typical 11EEE in 65.

Maybe a bit more room in the plaza but pretty close

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm trying to get on a Plaze pre-order bit am unsure of sizing. How's the instep on it? My biggest fit issue is a high left instep making some otherwise well fitting pairs painfull after a couple hours.
I've got a pretty high-volume foot, but I've only tried it on, so I'm a little reluctant to state a definitive opinion. I'd say it felt pretty good as a D in a blucher/derby shoe, but I was wondering if an E would feel better.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In more silly news, AE has debuted a new “collection” . . . The Turner Collection, a variety of driving moc styles.

I don’t know who told them they needed so many named “collections.”

View attachment 945265
Someone must have told them, "People on the internetssss 'collect' shoes." Unfortunately, they didn't tell them good shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads