1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2018 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fueco, Jan 1, 2018.

1. audog

audog Distinguished Member

As one who has all 3 flavors, You NEED the Black Boot, you NEED the Black Boot!

2. ELClodge

ELClodge Senior Member

I had the same reaction to seeing my size in stock. Pulled the trigger and will do the soul searching later. However, it's extremely bright and sunny where I am today and it has me in doubt of my need for black boots.

3. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

Well, I think you're thinking about it wrong...you have an INCOMPLETE SET. You NEED the black to make your life whole.

4. Neo1

Neo1 Distinguished Member

I think I mentioned this before, but I loved the design of the Rogue because it's just different. Everywhere you look you see a perforated captoe blucher, but not like this. I wound up picking up the walnut and the black. I'll tell you, with the burnishing going on in the walnut, they are truly stunning.

Unfortunately they run damn big. I kind of find the raised cone used on the 201 last creates this sensation of excess length, which seems very variable. Sometimes things feel a touch long, sometimes almost nothing, others really long. I'm down from a brannock 7.5C to a 7D and the Rogue with a 7D is what I would say is right at the cusp of being too long for me. These run long. Width is about what is expected from a 65/201 style.

5. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Senior Member

I just got these black Liverpools from eBay. They seem to have wrinkles along the ankle that aren't present on my brown Liverpools. The black boots were very inexpensive so I'm not going to obsess about the wrinkles (which are covered by pants during normal use), I'll just live with them, but if these were firsts, would you return them?

IMG_0686.jpg IMG_0688.jpg

6. Neo1

Your comment about tightness across the vamp and the Patriot actually made my feet hurt, lol. Funny when you know EXACTLY what someone is talking about.

7. Neo1

You guys are pretty funny. I bought the black Higgins Mill close to the week it was first released.

8. audog

Black Boots can always come in handy, even if it is sunny.

9. ELClodge

ELClodge Senior Member

I make my absolute best purchases under pressure. I'm the 2008 Mario Chalmers of last second clearance racks

edit to add:
    MarioBoot.JPG

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018

10. aero25

aero25 Distinguished Member

Which still looks darn good.

11. sterlingindigo

sterlingindigo Senior Member

I was at the Rack last weekend and saw a pair of brown calf Dundee’s for $158. If I didn’t already have them in brown shell, I would have walked out of there in them-still wanted to. They looked really beefy. Like the leather seemed thicker than normal all around. Even the double soles looked thicker than the double JR’s on the shell version.

Anyway, I’ll wait til the next sale and get the Cambridge or shell Patriot. Starting to worry about the fit on the Patriot though with all the talk on the board. Never tried one on but I’m a solid 9D across all the AE last’s I’ve owned including the Ascher which is on the 606.

12. pudman43

pudman43 Senior Member

Sorry Shoenut, I have no idea. Just a regular double knot

13. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Senior Member

Confirmation of your Order PRDAE0**********
    Dear RitchieBro, Thank you for shopping at Allen Edmonds. We will send you a follow-up email with tracking information once your order has shipped.

Higgins Mill Boot with Dainite Sole
    SKU: 7561-115-E

Dammit.......

14. audog

You did the right thing

15. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

As perfect as that was in 2008 (I'm a Jayhawk alum), that shot in 2016 that Villy did against UNC in the last second, was the most crushing I've ever seen.

I'm wearing my JA Uni's today. Took a picture, but won't post it because my khaki's are too wrinkled.