1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2018 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fueco, Jan 1, 2018.

1. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Distinguished Member

I believe the interpretation of the words actually written/spoken from above are not as clear as this. Not saying this is incorrect but just not as sure as you seem that all is lost.

Other than some (unlikely) shearling Higgins Mills though, I have no want list at this time.

2. aero25

aero25 Distinguished Member

McNeil or McAllister seem appropriate.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018

3. aero25

In cases like this where subtle change is expected over time, I would take a weekly snap. Otherwise you're right, you'll never tell the difference.

4. aero25

5. AEfaninTampa

AEfaninTampa Senior Member

Happy Friday-eve! You’ve almost made it to the weekend!

Happy birthday Drew Barrymore! You will always be the little girl in ET to me.

A little formality today - I know black PA’s get no love, but that’s what I’ve got for you today.
    45B8176D-B203-4925-B073-C95A6E7C0E69.jpeg
    Not that I needed an excuse, but they go wonderfully with my 2013 Blackhawks, Stanley Cup winning, game 6, official hockey puck cuff links!
    C8D8089E-1512-4705-86C3-1FC2FF37D749.jpeg
    Yes, style gurus, I am wearing a French cuff shirt with an odd sports jacket. Thanks for pointing that out. Now move along. :) breaking “rules” and enjoying it!

Have a terrific Thursday!

6. liquidjelly

liquidjelly Well-Known Member

With no more MTO (or maybe even possibly GMTO too), I have little hopes for a natural leeds makeup with hidden eyelets for me.

SAD DAY BOYS.

7. Vocans

Vocans Senior Member

8. aero25

While this is true, a Leeds may not be in the cards in the near term future, a similar make up from Rancourt may be possible. I haven't tried it, but something like their Greenwood blucher has a similar profile. If you have the coin to plop down on an MTO, you could contact them about natural shell and see what happens.

9. matwa

matwa Senior Member

Chili Varno for a rainy day - sort of a Leeds with a rubber sole....

02-22-18 Varno.jpg

10. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

Special MTOs are done for in the foreseeable future is what I was told. Which sucks, because I had one on hold I really wanted to see built. (They put the hold on the day I was going to order)

Whether or not this was a direct result of the buyout I am still protesting this announcement by Caleres Edmonds by wearing Alden today.

11. Jeff d

Jeff d Well-Known Member

Sweet cuff links. Wish I could wear a pair of Washington Capitals cuff links with that history but we have not made it past the 2nd round in a while, 20 years or so. Hopefully soon.

12. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

Are your windows newer (from the last 20 years or so)? If so, they likely have that coating to minimize UV rays. I’ve been wondering how that would impact trying the “shoe in the sun” method.

13. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

I wouldn't count on this unfortunately. It was a while from the previous end of MTO/GMTOs before a trunk show came around. Purely speculation but it is possible they kill those going forward.

It is dead, until it isn't. Reality is that it is currently dead with no known intent to return but that doesn't mean it won't. At first I thought this was completely due to the buyout but I'm not so sure that is the case. They are producing more (albeit mostly hideous) shoes than they were before based on the number of shoes in the lineup and how fast we see things come and go. I think this compromises their ability to do SMUs because it would certainly take away from production capacity and profitability. I think they make more selling multiple walker boots than they do a few MTOs. Part of that might be Caleres but they were already moving in the direction of "on-trend" "fashion forward" shoes. It is disappointing certainly.

@St Hubbins maybe this C&J split toe is more up your alley? It is cheaper than Alden pairs ordered directly (last I checked anyway).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018

14. Shoenut

Shoenut Distinguished Member

I would not think you are in that situation. I have found that wearing shell and damp cloth with brushing cures most issues.

15. gv7123456

gv7123456 Member

Sorry if this is off topic and a little too AE adjacent.

I bought my first shell (Burgundy Leeds 2nds) earlier this year. I liked them too much out of the box, and thought they fit fine before getting the soles covered by my cobbler (there’s some fine gravel at work that just chews through leather and covering is crucial). After only three wears I realize they are a half size too small (width and length) and are not going to work for me. I need to cut my losses and move on.

So now I find myself needing to sell them on eBay, but I have zero selling history/experience (my first purchase arrives today, coincidentally).
    Any pointers for being a rookie with no history and not wanting to look like a risk to a prospective buyer? Anything to watch out for?
    Thanks for any info.