• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoes4play

Reaction score
929894-2076a757d7be7dc86e926d749b1fb165.jpg

Every sick puppy, shoe lovers dream, is to arrive home to that sight at the front door...lol

Or for your doorbell to ring as you hear the idling engine of a FedEx or UPS truck outside your house.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
929894-2076a757d7be7dc86e926d749b1fb165.jpg

Or for your doorbell to ring as you hear the idling engine of a FedEx or UPS truck outside your house.

Or the dog running to the front door barking after you’ve been sitting around for what seems an eternity for them to arrive....lol

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BagleyBrown how is the green shell in the window doing? Any noticable color shift yet?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aaaaaaand we're back in the ER. They tried pulling a "family only" thing. Dude suddenly exponentially increased his brothers and sisters.

Jeff d

Reaction score
I am wearing FA, PA and those style shoes and I am thinking about trying out a wingtip shoe. What shoe would you start out on? Any suggestions?

Just a little background, I bought a pair of AE Howe St (Dalton's) but they are little to narrow for me but the wingtip is intriguing.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am wearing FA, PA and those style shoes and I am thinking about trying out a wingtip shoe. What shoe would you start out on? Any suggestions?

Just a little background, I bought a pair of AE Howe St (Dalton's) but they are little to narrow for me but the wingtip is intriguing.
I would suggest less formal but suit worthy gun boat. Yeah, MacNeil. I said it. You can always get a balmoral wingtip later.

Mr. Wonderbeak

Reaction score
I would suggest less formal but suit worthy gun boat. Yeah, MacNeil. I said it. You can always get a balmoral wingtip later.
This is good advice. There's some nice flexibility in the MacNeil. Some may find it a bit too bulky, but it's a classic. If you prefer the bal, the McAllister would be my second recommendation. Either look great in D Chili or Oxblood/Merlot; two nice versatile color sets.

Jeff d

Reaction score
This is good advice. There's some nice flexibility in the MacNeil. Some may find it a bit too bulky, but it's a classic. If you prefer the bal, the McAllister would be my second recommendation. Either look great in D Chili or Oxblood/Merlot; two nice versatile color sets.

Thanks. I will look at those. The color recommendation is spot on, as I need to add some color to my rotation. I am leaning to my next shoe on being Chili or Merlot.

Mr. Wonderbeak

Reaction score
Thanks. I will look at those. The color recommendation is spot on, as I need to add some color to my rotation. I am leaning to my next shoe on being Chili or Merlot.
If you don't already have Merlot/oxblood, I'd go with that first. Fantastic and versatile color that looks great with many color schemes. Plus, it is not the typical walnut/British tan you see on the street everywhere.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BagleyBrown how is the green shell in the window doing? Any noticable color shift yet?

Yeah. Please inform.

In the past, I have been pleased with the trees which shade my house on all sides. Have left these in a window in an unused room which gets just a bit of sun, so it may take awhile.

This morning's impression is that either
A the process is gradual and I am checking too often so not really seeing much change
or
B there is no / not much change

Once weather breaks fully, shoes will get more run and I will try them to see if they seem less black in the wild. Photos wont help yet, because still in brighter light they show green and in marginal light they appear close to black.

@Shoenut Do you think I might benefit from saddle soap or more aggressive cleaner to remove any crap coating from AE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads