• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They don't seem to slip at all, it just feels like they are curving into my Achilles. Best guess is that the Poron insole has my foot lifted a bit in the shoe, making the fit not ideal. Going to try to soften the heel counter to see if that helps.
That shoe not only has Poron, but I believe it has a secondary heel cushion on top of the Poron. In all my B.B. I have had to at least pull the extra heel pad out and in one case all the Poron. Starting with softening the heel counter seems like the best approach.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don't seem to slip at all, it just feels like they are curving into my Achilles. Best guess is that the Poron insole has my foot lifted a bit in the shoe, making the fit not ideal. Going to try to soften the heel counter to see if that helps.

So unfortunately i know exactly what your talking about. Both my BB macneil and BB shelton do that to me too. Ive worn both a lot and after serious breakin it gets better but doesnt go away. There was talk in the padt about this - something particularly hard with the combination of poron plus a rigid double sole. If i were you and you cant stand it id attempt to rip out the poron.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had a record-shattering warm day here. So that meant:
First:
7E264C4D-E78E-4ADC-955A-59F234E617DE.jpeg

Second: (Rush Street)
5EF0609E-5E90-4AAC-A947-265E79946EE9.jpeg

Third: (grilling some spicy venison brats.)
B498C74B-9E59-4903-B24F-51BA9A6733B6.jpeg

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Academy is here and I like it a lot. Fits better than my alumnus going up a half and in a letter
However, I did just get myself a nice little $200 ticket downtown so something is going back. It’ll likely be the Liverpool. The one I got is twisted in a way that it’s rubbing like crazy on the back of my heel

View attachment 928968

View attachment 928969

View attachment 928970
I believe Rohm does not want me in the city. After parking and tickets, I am not in the mood. Lol.

RMB35

Reaction score
The closest AE store is 2.5 hours away, I'm going to Wisconsin ( 4.5 hour drive) and going to Milwaukee flagship AE store, so they better have some good stuff as there is an Alden store on my way home :)
The AE store in the Pfister? I wasn’t aware it was considered the flagship store.
Also where is the Alden store?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: Avoid the La Quinta at the Austin TX airport at all costs. I've got a lovely rash (the tiny little water-filled blisters that look like miniature zits almost) thanks to either their bedding detergent or something living therein.

And my bathtub was full of ants when I went to shower in the morning.

Anyway.

3 more days of "work" then head to Augusta for a couple weeks of "work". Anyone wanna meet up for drinks and Broadstreets?

Sounds like you probably got bed bugs, actually.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...which means he should probably set fire to his suitcase and everything in it...

Correct.

@armedferret , check your luggage reeeealllll closely, and whether they’re dirty or not, wash all your clothing upon return home to be safe.

Bed bugs are visible to the naked eyes (and can look just like ants to the uninitiated). Double check seems in your suitcase/bag.

And please don’t tell me you went to the Emergency Department for your rash . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads