• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardsfan89

Reaction score

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, you got a good one over on me!! From your post I thought "family business" was your reason for being in the state capitol. Turns out it was the beer!!!

I don't know that one. Are they new?

Nate (512's former brewer) is the brewer, and Jensen and Daneel Ackles own it along with her parents and her brother. Jensen of course is TV's beloved Dean Winchester. They're in Dripping Springs on Hamilton Pool Rd. Every single beer is delicious. In my 17 years of lawful consumption of alcoholic beverages, i have never enjoyed ALL beers on an establishment's menu.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they are drop shipping from the mothership, does this mean all shoes are 20% - so long as you order through the Freeport store?

Let’s crunch few numbers, shall we?

1) Shell seconds
$400 - $80 - $38 (12% off through gift card) = $282 (pre-tax)

2) Liverpool seconds
$195 - $39 - $19 = $137

A good weasel will always find a good deal, regardless of the retail prices!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If they are drop shipping from the mothership, does this mean all shoes are 20% - so long as you order through the Freeport store?
Seems to me that if they have a second at the mothership that is at the Freeport store also, AE is choosing to ship from the mothership first. They have the staff for that and allows the SA to move to the next customer. They did that to me when I picked up my Grayson’s.

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today's arrivals.
The Caen is an interesting boot; unlined with leather sole. I like that. Bulky toe with surprisingly narrow waist. My foot will wear into them. Odd tongue. I get the extra flap is there to hide the stitch; unnecessary in my book. They're keepers.
Snuff MD chukkas. Nuff said. These have a slightly more bulbous toe than my sand pair, but not so much as my Dundees. Slightly tight at forefoot, but they'll be gloves soon enough.
Stupidly cheap Grayson. Only flaw as seconds, other than they've been creased from try on, is the coloring is a bit uneven. Fine. By. Me. Fit... well, I'm going to sleep on it. If the heel were a bit narrower they'd be perfect. There's heel slip as is; may go away with break in. If I tried going down a size I think I'd end up with squished toes. To the "vault" with these for further evaluation! (Very few shoes require this. Only a pair of #8 short wing derbies with commando sole currently occupy. They'll be sold as I think there's too much heel slip for a shoe that is somewhat redundant)

20180214_182227.jpg

20180214_181617.jpg

20180214_181308.jpg

20180214_180914.jpg

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had asked it a week or so ago, but it went unanswered.

Does the $25/pair restock fee on seconds returns still apply or they went down to $10? (Don’t want to call and find out, because I am afraid I will buy something, regardless).

Thanks

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had asked it a week or so ago, but it went unanswered.

Does the $25/pair restock fee on seconds returns still apply or they went down to $10? (Don’t want to call and find out, because I am afraid I will buy something, regardless).

Thanks
Still supposed to be $25. I believe that is waived if making an exchange, or returning to an outlet in person.

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 925389 View attachment 925390

Valentine’s ensemble today. Tan linen (?) BB pants, Happy Socks argyles, and burgundy shell Leeds. Finally got around to shifting the edge color on these to chili with tan laces.

If ours interested in basically the same pair in 11.5 EEE, hit me up. The shell on those is a tad darker.

Those look really great! You take exquisite care of your shell; good man.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The amazon gift card redirect is getting really frakkin annoying.

Enjoying a lovely black IPA. It's a thing.

View attachment 925529

I really don’t get the trendy obsession with IPAs over the past few years.

If I wanted grapefruit juice, I would’ve ordered grapefruit juice.

(this is not a knock on you personally. I just really don’t get the love for them. Different strokes and such.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads