• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Working from home today, haven't left the house yet so no AE pictures for me -- but here's a cat picture. It's been too long since we've seen a cat picture!

View attachment 1091959
Except for the cat, it could be my desk. LabelWriter and Fujitsu scanner=+1.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuffed Mills!
IMG_0232.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well men...I've just made a new addition to the rotation: the Shreveport®, only from Allen Edmonds™. Though I didn't buy them from dabondo1 (psst--nobody tell him I cheated on him), they appear to be in 2- or 3-wear condition. A nice pair has eluded me for a while now; they are my favorite of the AE woven. Question on the last--I'm reading online that these are a 65-last shoe, but yet the model number is 9930. I thought the last number indicates the last, i.e., the 0 last. The pair I purchased/en route are a D width, and I'm either a D or an E in Allen Edmonds. One reviewer mentioned that while the Shreveport® is made on the 65 last, they run much wider than a standard 65-lasted AE shoe. Any opinions on the width? Thanks.
AE stopped using the model number as a means to determine lasts years ago; they're on the 65 last for sure though.
D seems like the right call. Based on @smfdoc pair of Shreveports, they're definitely more generous than their closed lace/oxford variants. Neo agrees:
https://www.styleforum.net/ams/allen-edmonds-fit-sizing-help.124455/

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AE stopped using the model number as a means to determine lasts years ago; they're on the 65 last for sure though.
D seems like the right call. Based on @smfdoc pair of Shreveports, they're definitely more generous than their closed lace/oxford variants. Neo agrees:
https://www.styleforum.net/ams/allen-edmonds-fit-sizing-help.124455/

I agree with the generous width statement. The blucher laces help a great deal, but part of the generous fit is from the weave. It does not seem to be as tight as a single piece of calf would be, even though they are lined. Its the exception to the "rule" that the 65 last will not work for me.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mini Review - A couple weeks ago I was asking about shoe trees. The Epics did not ship yet, but today the Moneysworth arrived. They are very similar to other combination trees I have, and the M fit well in both the shoes and boots I tried (I'm 9.5). They are sourced from USA aromatic cedar and made in China. I found they needed a little attention to smooth of some of the sharper lines around the back of the heel and the sole to side transitions. A few minutes with the 120 grit easily took care of that. Before and after pics, below. Overall, very pleased considering Amazon price with free shipping around $20 CAD.

IMG_5120.JPG
IMG_5122.JPG
IMG_5126.JPG
IMG_5127.JPG

Aenonymous

Reaction score
Frustrating experiences on eBay recently. Sold my shell Randolphs and the buyer is attempting to return the shoes for some variations in color in the heel and because the shoe is not "shiny". Also sold him another pair and he returned those due to some surface scuffs on shell... Hell they can be buffed out and they're used shoes!

I had a number of photos from different angles and lighting. I messaged and said I would accept the return but that I cannot pay return shipping.

What are the chances I "win" this? Never had to do an eBay return before. Kind of disgusted with the whole thing, honestly. I've always had good experiences on eBay and have had to return a few items (legitimately) for total misstatements or tears in garments that I bought.
Why not just set up your account as "No Returns" accepted? That's what mine is and it hasn't seemed to hinder any of my selling.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not just set up your account as "No Returns" accepted? That's what mine is and it hasn't seemed to hinder any of my selling.

If the buyer claims something is not correct in your listing, that will not prevent a buyer-favorable decision from ebay.

Even if condition is argued, ebay will usually side with the buyer.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My account is set up like that. As @BagleyBrown eloquently stated, that is exactly what this clown did.

If the buyer claims something is not correct in your listing, that will not prevent a buyer-favorable decision from ebay.

Even if condition is argued, ebay will usually side with the buyer.

Well I did call eBay this evening. Spoke with a nice gent and he says I will be totally covered on both my sales for fees, etc. Will probably have to make a follow up call next week.

I think they're going to nail this sucker big, big time because he messaged me before the sale with his phone # trying to do business outside eBay. Didn't think much about it at the time but I brought it up tonight and they said they'll get him because of it.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be willing to share their sizing comparison experience between say an AE 65 last vs. any of the John Lobb or Edward Green lasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads