• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to work, so I’m pretending it’s wingtip Wednesday by wearing Daltons. Also featured: luxurious government carpet.

8176E68E-9A43-43E3-973B-B8B91C904BCA.jpeg

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually sold a pair that I ebayed to Tampa. Felt a bit redundant with my oxblood MacNeils (yes I realize this probably sounds crazy lol).

Shell, by its very definition, is never redundant.
You have angered the gods. :)

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merlot Jefferson firsts arrived yesterday. Great quality, and seem to be better made than Heritage Classics, and at least as good as Cordovan Collection. But boy, am I disappointed about the color!

What I wanted:

upload_2018-12-6_12-50-6.png

What I actually got:

upload_2018-12-6_12-51-13.png

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Merlot Jefferson firsts arrived yesterday. Great quality, and seem to be better made than Heritage Classics, and at least as good as Cordovan Collection. But boy, am I disappointed about the color!

What I wanted:

View attachment 1084726

What I actually got:

View attachment 1084727
Unfortunately, I have not seen one late release Jefferson 2.0 Merlot that remotely resembles the color representation online. What you got is pretty much how the run a muck finishing department is going about their business.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that all polish or did you dye those areas?

I'm not advanced enough for dye and just polish for the contrast on these. I did them as part of the 2018 Shoe Challenge that was initiated out of the Vintage Shoe thread this summer. They don't get much wear but felt like breaking them out today. Probably will get a little more use this winter when it's not as nice out I'm guessing.

You can see some before and after pictures here if you are so inclined:
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/2018-shoe-revival-challenge.628668/page-27#post-9422940

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we have any Allen Edmonds historians who can tell us how old the Strand design is? I have no clue how old it is. Can anyone shed some light on this?

For example, Alden's tassel loafer is from ~1957. Any ideas on the Strand?

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have not seen one late release Jefferson 2.0 Merlot that remotely resembles the color representation online. What you got is pretty much how the run a muck finishing department is going about their business.

It is shocking to me how they would invest all that effort into producing a beautiful, well-constructed pair of shoes from top-shelf materials, at a considerable expense, only to ruin it with sub-par burnishing. It just does not seem to make economic sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads