• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit early for this mess...

IMG_0062.jpeg

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's another Strand obsession post.

I'm not sure anyone else here is going to get a kick out of this, but I made a comprehensive listing of every Strand and Strandmok that has been released to date. This only includes regular releases, and only shoes that go by the Strand or Strandmok names - so no MCW5, Buckstrand, Rush Street, Elgin, Kiowa, special MTOs (other than the one I have), etc.

I've been using this list to keep track of my current collection for the past half-a-year or so. As you can see, there's still quite a few left to get! Too bad the difficulty of finding one in my size has gotten exponentially higher the more I have...
*Raises hand* I think this is cool! But, this is coming from the guy with a ridiculous spreadsheet for wears

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got this email from customer service:

We have received the return of the three pairs of shoes purchased through the Allen Edmonds store.

If you are requesting a refund, we would be happy to apply a refund to an Allen Edmonds gift card that will deliver signature required in 5 to 7 business days, or a refund check that will arrive in 3 to 4 weeks. Please advise which payment method you prefer and confirm your mailing address. We look forward to your reply.

I replied that it was a clear violation of the terms of their return policy which states “all items will be refunded using the original method of payment or merchandise credit.”

I guess I will see what happens but I wanted to let everyone know that AE no longer appears to be honoring its stated return policy by refunding the original method of payment (my credit card) .

**** this new management. I don't know if this is incompetence or if they just want to hold the money for a month but it's unacceptable either way

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm...I might crack open a Saint Arnold Pumpkinator afterwards. It’ll be that or a glass of McKenna 10yr BiB I picked up several days ago.

Or, all of the above. Probably that.

Speaking from experience, you should keep your pumpkinator to taco ratio exactly as it was before that nice new suit got tailored so well. There’s a spreadsheet.;)

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got this email from customer service:

We have received the return of the three pairs of shoes purchased through the Allen Edmonds store.

If you are requesting a refund, we would be happy to apply a refund to an Allen Edmonds gift card that will deliver signature required in 5 to 7 business days, or a refund check that will arrive in 3 to 4 weeks. Please advise which payment method you prefer and confirm your mailing address. We look forward to your reply.

I replied that it was a clear violation of the terms of their return policy which states “all items will be refunded using the original method of payment or merchandise credit.”

I guess I will see what happens but I wanted to let everyone know that AE no longer appears to be honoring its stated return policy by refunding the original method of payment (my credit card) .

**** this new management. I don't know if this is incompetence or if they just want to hold the money for a month but it's unacceptable either way

A paper check? Will it be delivered by the Pony Express?

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol

That list makes me feel better about my own list. Not great, but better. Still interested in any change of opinion or observations with those Meermins, they keep offering things that appeal and I am convinced the material is sub Horween, so not biting despite the prices.

Yea, as I often do, I expect options to diminish at some point, so grab a bunch of what I love. And Rancourt has been the best experience in my shoe buying, aside from AE's wild 2014-2015.

6'4" 245 (optimal weight around 235) usually wear XLT kind of sizing...nothing from Bills other than pants galore. :)

Yes, ditto. I have zero regrets but am nearing the point where only outrageous options will appeal, like, patterned shell? And maybe another unglazed shell item.

You have got something special going with Rancourt. While I have never handled a pair of Rancourts, I would think they are worth the premium over Meermin. I need to get in touch with them to see if they will make C width. How much are the shell MTOs?

nmh20

Reaction score
Looking for thoughts on care/maintenance for Kudu. I’ve been just using Bick 4 on my Oak Streets, but not sure if there’s a better care regimen out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads