• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a discussion with an SA last night. She has only been here for about 6 months, but she said that Caleres is not happy with the performance of the newer models. The Bonwelt street did not do what they thought and the Nomad and Surrey collections are selling ok but not to expectations. Going forward AE will be concentrating on more of the Heritage collection and Boots that have shown good sales. Does that mean less cement jobs and speed welts? We shall see next year. She also talked a lot about fixing QC issues so they will not need as many sales to get rid of second looking firsts. Now if they can only implement that strategy.

That would be good news on several fronts if executed as worded.

Curious which boots have shown good sales. I would own at least 1 Rainier if made in my size (AND IN SHELL) and a double leather soled burgundy HM would likewise be add worthy, err, if I were in the market for a pair of boots or two.

That is encouraging. I feared we may see this happen next.

View attachment 1060683
LOL!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That would be good news on several fronts if executed as worded.

Curious which boots have shown good sales. I would own at least 1 Rainier if made in my size (AND IN SHELL) and a double leather soled burgundy HM would likewise be add worthy, err, if I were in the market for a pair of boots or two.

LOL!
Double leather sole HM, in NATTY would be good as well.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday Night Church, isn't that what they call High School football in Texas? Target jeans are quickly becoming my favorite jean, unless I'm doing some work around here and then it's Duluth Trading "ballroom" carpenter jeans, as they have a leg pockets for stuff. Late Sister and her husband were also teetotalers, carried a flask when I visited them as well, not as nice a flask as yours though. Also noticed the requisite knife in jeans pocket, what blade?

It’s a Buck my father in law gave me a few years back. It’s a good little knife- I didn’t really intend on it becoming my EDC, but the clip is nice and the blade keeps a good edge.

I’ve been wanting a Case medium stockman in yellow for a long time that would probably get a ton of carry time- not sure why I haven’t bought one since they’re only $30-$40...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shakers today. Freshly polished. My favorite boots among my entire rotation (31 pairs!)

Also received grey mctavish and voyagers from recrafting today and they look great! I’ll post pics tomorrow, but they far exceeded my expectations. Thanks AE!

View attachment 1060296

I did notice that no $35 off coupons were included this time. I guess that promotion is over. Still, I am more than satisfied with this work, as it’s muh better than the last time I used AE recrafting. Plus, I wasn’t planning on buying anything new anyway.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw a guy come in for a Weybridge that he bought on line in 11.5D. He wore them once and decided they needed to be stretched. So he brought them in to the store to be stretched for a few days. My lord, he could not even get his feet in them. I was so close to offering the poor guy $212 to get sized in the store and donate those 11.5D's.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw a guy come in for a Weybridge that he bought on line in 11.5D. He wore them once and decided they needed to be stretched. So he brought them in to the store to be stretched for a few days. My lord, he could not even get his feet in them. I was so close to offering the poor guy $212 to get sized in the store and donate those 11.5D's.
you should have been on the Alden thread a few months ago! Guy was an EEE, and knew it, but bought an A or B off Ebay because Alden. He tried to shove his foot in for a day with much pain and posted pictures asking about stretching as his first posts!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know natty is cool and all, but brown isn’t half bad...
1B65579C-8CDF-4A1F-BA24-B26062E097B0.jpeg

I’m liking that we’re having weather more conducive to boots, though the past couple days really has me thinking about some Indy’s and Red Wings...

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know natty is cool and all, but brown isn’t half bad...
View attachment 1060744

I’m liking that we’re having weather more conducive to boots, though the past couple days really has me thinking about some Indy’s and Red Wings...

Your brown has some delicious light tones at least in that lighting. Not half bad at all.
and...
Indys are their own little rabbit hole all by themselves. Beware. Warning. Get some.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your brown has some delicious light tones at least in that lighting. Not half bad at all.
and...
Indys are their own little rabbit hole all by themselves. Beware. Warning. Get some.

Not just the lighting- these have actually lightened in spots, similar to how natty darkens. I’m a big fan of how they’ve turned out thus far (though I’ve admittedly been pretty gentle with them).

For Indy’s, the only ones I really want are either shell or CXL- I can’t justify a huge number boots. One moc toe, one cap toe, and one plain toe should cover all the bases for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads