1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2018 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fueco, Jan 1, 2018.

1. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Distinguished Member

I was checking the shoe bank in vain for any decent shell seconds options. No luck. For some reason today I sort of want a burgundy Leeds. There’s a 9B and 9.5B but not sure I really want to gamble on either.

2. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

I’ll drink to that. Prost!

3. up1911fan

up1911fan Distinguished Member

Just found those on ebay, a buddy will be getting them in the mail as well.

4. wasmisterfu

wasmisterfu Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

5. wasmisterfu

It’s not just that, it’d be very bad professional form and a “career limiting event” to trash talk those who just bought the company you sold them.

Ultimately, he’s moved on and, IMHO, there’s virtually no chance that he’d take a job where he would have to answer to another CEO. Frankly, I doubt he’d want to run Caleres should the PVH mafia depart and the role was offered to him.

6. Neo1

Neo1 Distinguished Member

So maybe somewhat of a broken record but I feel the need to respond as I've just had way too much experience with all of these.

The Randolph & Lake Forest have the fit of a "welt", while the Cavanaugh clearly fits like a "handsewn." Meaning if you take one size in the first two, it is HIGHLY likely you'd have to go up a half a length in the Cav. I'd sort of say on paper, the Randolph should be the most cookie-cutter type of fit - it runs relatively wider/fuller with nothing really remarkable other than the fact that the vamp is really low. The Lake Forest also fits kind of full with a similar length, but notably different is the very tight grippy heel cup.

Cavanaugh is totally different - very much true to size, standard heel, standard vamp, standard, well, everything. You take TTS, you get that, you're good.

Patriot length at least is almost like an in-between the Cavanaugh and Lake Forest. Plus the narrow heel, plus a lower vamp (but not as low as the Randolph). But the toebox is fuller.

Confusing stuff. My guess is that if the Randolph worked, the Patriot probably won't. And if the Lake Forest worked, the likelihood the Patriot would work would be even lower. Whatever size you took for the Lake Forest, I might try up a half a length, or up a width on the Patriot and see from there. Good luck - of all the 606 stuff, AE sure chose the one with the most difficult and unaccommodating strap. Even the Ascher was easier.

7. Shoenut

Shoenut Distinguished Member

E1928F1D-FA5A-4848-9757-DEA7E02C0E30.jpeg
    Bourbon Mcallister for the day. This is the thickest pair of linen pants that I ever have had. I was actually surprised that this material would be sold in Guadalajara. A great pair for fall but why would you wear this when it gets to 90 degrees in March?

8. wasmisterfu

1. Bourbon McAllister’s are great.
    2. I have a white herringbone Irish linen waistcoat, made of what I’d describe as the “heaviest linen in the world” and I gotta say, free breathing and cool it is not. It also doesn’t wrinkle and crease like regular linen. So yeah, linen doesn’t always equal good for tropics and warm weather.

9. AEShoeMan

AEShoeMan Senior Member

Good morning gents! Rain is taking a break here, so went with the Leeds today. I hope our Southeast US members are doing okay this morning.
    20181011_074059.jpg

10. AEfaninTampa

AEfaninTampa Senior Member

11. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

Cool weather has arrived.
    I’m appreciating the occasion with my Higgins Mills.

A06DC474-3CCB-4E8B-A89F-B122872F5524.jpeg

12. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior Member

Fall is in the air

IMG_20181011_074257.jpg

13. darkclassic

darkclassic Senior Member

Quiet morning on the thread. Non-AE today:

alden crimson.jpg nomos alden.jpg

14. savvysartorial

savvysartorial Senior Member

I've been doing the same thing in my size... I have every pair of shell in my size, save for one or two I have covered from other manufacturers... What size are you?

The Leeds are a solid shoe! I presume you mean shell? They're just a great shoe that I've really come to like. I'm actually surprised you don't already have a pair!! :puzzled:

15. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Distinguished Member

6F9E2C9C-DF65-4EC5-89F5-57142B6D67E3.jpeg Killing time at the eye doctor’s office. No ugly carpet here.

The Bradley is my most comfortable shoe, followed closely by my CXL LB’s. Well, I guess that’s boot.