1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2018 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fueco, Jan 1, 2018.

1. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    This is distressing and gives me flashbacks. I bought a Members Only jacket when they were cool and 3 months later the other members voted to make me give it back. I don't know what I want to be a member of a club that would allow me to be a member. Yeah, it's complicated.

2. pedarius

pedarius Active Member

My $117 Daltons ordered in May are still "being processed" . . . and so are the shell Patriots I ordered in June with the 40% off coupon in compensation for the Daltons . . . :(

3. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

By LA standards, that's pretty normal.

4. Thrift Couture

Thrift Couture Distinguished Member

Went through the same thing, but couldn't stand the irritating hold music for longer than 30 minutes. If I have any charges pending, I think I'll let the bank deal with it.

5. aero25

aero25 Distinguished Member

Check your spam folder?

6. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Yeah, me too. The system told me an approximate 10 minute wait time. After 25 minutes it had dropped to 7 minutes. At 30 minutes the voice had raised it back to an 8.

7. Thrift Couture

I'm really not digging AE right now...

8. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

Every order I make with AE goes through the same person...I don't have issues with things being on order for months.

9. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

Count me as one of those that would say screw this and cancel that crap. If I were new to the brand that would absolutely end any relationship. Even now if I saw this it would be enough to say forget it. That said I never order online so this is not a problem I am likely to encounter. Frankly the e-commerce and subsequent service of transactions through e-commerce leave a lot to be desired it would seem. Order through a store or not at all appears to be the message.

10. aero25

The customer service discussions here have me wondering about the multitude of other Calares brands. Many are women's shoes. I wonder what the experience is from those seeking assistance from Sam Edelman, et. al.

Any of you gents have a significant other that subscribes to a similar forum as this that could be scouted?

11. audog

audog Distinguished Member

Oh I have, 20+years in IT as a profession. They simply don't send me email.

12. audog

+1

13. aero25

Lol, as you know, sometimes you have to ask the basic questions!

14. audog

In the past, I have done quite a lot of internet e-commerce with AE, I never had a problem, with any aspect of the transaction. I was informed when orders were processed, when they were shipped and via what carrier. Even notified via email when they were delivered. I am getting the feeling that Calares hasn't usually dealt with end-user consumers, and are having a difficult time adopting to an ecommerce environment. I hope they figure it out soon, or many of the former AE customers (collectors???) will gravitate to other brands.

15. Thrift Couture

The kicker is that you/customer service cannot cancel an order once it's in "process". Three different reps gave me the same script that the "system" won't allow them to cancel any orders. So I guess you're in processing limbo till the "system" decides you're not. Supposedly you're not charged until your order ships, but I don't know how it handles it when items ship separately. Plus, when the laces from my order had finally been shipped to the Oakbrook store, they sent me incorrect tracking info. I had my boots shipped there to try them so I could return them on the spot if they didn't fit. Needless to say, I'm not making a trip there just for some laces.