• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think I ever truly appreciated this young woman’s pain. Until today.

4E5E0528-53BE-42E6-8EFD-E23EA9B000B0.jpeg

Thomas Crown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I officially feel terrible about my first post for the 2018 thread in which I posted the picture of the most abused AE shoes I could find and said, "These don't look quite right. Should I return them?" I did not know that Google would select the very first picture in the thread to go along with the "ad" for "Related Threads." The shoes I posted look terrible, especially next to the three pair of Alden shell chukkas immediately underneath. So, @LA Guy, is there any way to switch images so that all of the SF members will actually see a fine pair of AE shoes or boots? The brand and avid members deserve better. My apologies.

View attachment 913017
I think it’s hilarious-an awesome contrast as far as the fun vibe around here compared to some who may take themselves too seriously,and as (along with yourself),a vintage shoe fan,I’ve appreciated shoes worse off than those for refurb attempts!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two things.

1) What happened to the Clay Ave bourbon belt? I still wear my current bourbon belt, but I'm annoyed by how the finish is worn in places, plus it's a little big for me. I was trying to play it cool by waiting to see if I could pick a Clay Ave up for a good price. Now it's gone. What the heck?

2) For those of you with natural shell, what belt do you like to wear with yours? I am realizing that I do not have belt to satisfactorily match my Grailsons.

Thank you.
Why not shell? ;p
https://www.rancourtandcompany.com/shell-cordovan-belt.html
https://www.guardedgoods.com/collections/belts/products/shell-cordovan-belts
Guarded goods has some non shell belts that would work, but yeah, I'd just grab a walnut belt if matching. Actually, there's a good chance I'd keep just using the same belts I already have to match the edging.

DKSpurs

Reaction score
It felt like an eternity..... I officially made it 22 days into the New Year. Recently discovered our favorite ebay seller, and attribute that to me not holding out longer. Bought some Black HM seconds at the Port Washington location on sale a couple months ago. Some loose grain on the right outer shaft, but I like a good amount of break with my jeans, and these will be more of beater boots than anything else. Roomy in the toebox for me but fit excellent everywhere else. With boots like that, I'll gladly take the extra room there for thicker socks in cold WI weather. Officially purchased some Natty HMs on a lowball offer!!

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh snap. Not even 30 minutes later

B08513A4-6881-4BCE-ABDD-0E543C099BDE.jpeg
Maybe an interesting side note, on the receipt for these tan Sea Islands they were labeled “coffee” and on the shipping receipt, “acorn”.

So if anyone asks I’m telling them I got a custom hook up on Acorn Sea Islands. I know some people.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two things.

1) What happened to the Clay Ave bourbon belt? I still wear my current bourbon belt, but I'm annoyed by how the finish is worn in places, plus it's a little big for me. I was trying to play it cool by waiting to see if I could pick a Clay Ave up for a good price. Now it's gone. What the heck?

2) For those of you with natural shell, what belt do you like to wear with yours? I am realizing that I do not have belt to satisfactorily match my Grailsons.

Thank you.
I have the Guarded Goods Rocado Whiskey shell cordovan belt. It's a bit lighter but should darken with age and wear. It's definitely more of a casual belt I think, because of the 37mm width. Hope this helps. 20171202_140452.jpg

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It felt like an eternity..... I officially made it 22 days into the New Year. Recently discovered our favorite ebay seller, and attribute that to me not holding out longer. Bought some Black HM seconds at the Port Washington location on sale a couple months ago. Some loose grain on the right outer shaft, but I like a good amount of break with my jeans, and these will be more of beater boots than anything else. Roomy in the toebox for me but fit excellent everywhere else. With boots like that, I'll gladly take the extra room there for thicker socks in cold WI weather. Officially purchased some Natty HMs on a lowball offer!!
I kinda welcome loose grain for HMs. Adds to the complexity of texture that CXL can provide.

txmusician

Reaction score
I don’t think I ever truly appreciated this young woman’s pain. Until today.

View attachment 913087
I've noticed the warehouse has been slow to ship recently, and then Kristen at Paramus told me as much today in an email....they must be cranking out the shoes right now with all these sales. I've got two pairs coming in tomorrow....stay tuned.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads