• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would love that pair!
Yes you can, kind of like computing your age in dog years, and remember, retirement IS NOT AN AGE, it’s a dollar amount. Save and invest early and you can retire ( quit job) earlier than you thought.
There is much wisdom in this post..
Not my best shoe glamour shot, but I had to share my excitement with you guys. Look who's wearing TWO shoes again!!

View attachment 993294
High five! Good pair to celebrate with.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not offended when my local deli sells me a BLT. I’m not offended when Stop & Shop sells me a ham. Hell, my friend is a commodities broker, he’s orthodox and I don’t think he gets offended when someone offers him a position on pork-belly futures.

You know what is kinda offensive? When people claim to know what’s offensive on behalf of others. You worry about what offends you, I’ll worry about what offends me and, if there is some Jewish guy who is offended by a ham sandwich, that’s his problem. Mkay? Thanks.
Mortimer, is that you?
- Randolph

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mortimer, is that you?
- Randolph
5kpnksx2aawwa2wa.jpg

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the article actually says that its for old men but fashionable young men can make it work with slim jeans and summer coats!

Although I have my doubts about non-functional shoe attachments, I am always open-minded when there is a good sale.

RaiderATO

Reaction score
Me: (showing my wife the Achesons online) What do you think of these shoes?
Her: "Those look good!"
Me: "You really think I could pull those off?"
Her: "Oh, no. Not for you. For me!"

So, there's now a size 7.5 grey suede Acheson on the way to our house, emblazoned with the names of 3 different men, for my wife.

Mathfish

Reaction score
Damn, was planning to go to Southlake store. will try another one.
Just a FYI about Southlake. They have Brooks Bros, J Crew as well as AE
About the staff i am disabled and the staff may have been put off by that. They answered questions got shoes helped when asked otherwise left me alone. The other thing i have never had another shopper in store with me. The sales staff are kind they just don't fawn all over me.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Me: (showing my wife the Achesons) What do you think of these shoes?
Her: "Those look good!"
Me: "You really think I could pull those off?"
Her: "Oh, no. Not for you. For me!"

So, there's now a size 7.5 grey suede Acheson on the way to our house, emblazoned with the names of 3 different men, for my wife.
She's not the only woman with AE. Ignoring some SAs, there's this person...

f27b9c345608427e808f3be9ad861c6f.jpg

Aenonymous

Reaction score
I really can’t tell if he is for real or an expert-level troll.
He just appeared out of nowhere, with such a STRONG opinion on things, yet his communication skills (no judgement) are rough so it's unclear half the time what he's commenting on or trying to say. If he just communicated in shoe pictures it would be much easier to have a dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads