1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Shibumi Firenze bringing us classic accessories and bespoke tailoring from Florence, and owned long time member "Braddock", and Jonathan Abel who bring us their Goodyear welted shoes made in Portugal.

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2018 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fueco, Jan 1, 2018.

1. naspratt

naspratt Distinguished Member

Isn’t that cxl? If so, the scratches will buff out fairly easily. The color issue is more of a personal preference, but natural will darken over time in any event. Loose grain is the thing that would concern me most, but it seems to be something for which AE takes a “wait and see if the customer complains” approach.

2. Shoenut

Shoenut Distinguished Member

Would you accept these as seconds pricing? You can always ask for a seconds price based on the loose grain.

3. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Distinguished Member

Just looked and seconds pricing is $199. Surprising how long that $209 nordy price has stuck around.

The comments about these black Stirlings are weaseliscious, wonder if there would be any interest/potential for a black shell GMTO? I can see a gap in my own closet for a casual brogue shell boot and the Stirling looks like a great foundation.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018

4. Shoenut

6099DDA1-A3AD-46D3-9564-CF152F92BE72.jpeg
    Morning gents. A little snuff with morning coffee.

5. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Distinguished Member

Daltons got a spell on you, too?
    download (8).jpg download (10).jpg

6. cardsfan89

cardsfan89 Senior Member

Some day I’m gonna find a deal on those... some day!

7. cardsfan89

cardsfan89 Senior Member

Question for you shoe care experts. Our favorite seller has these listed, and while I’m not particularly interested in *this* pair, it got me wondering ... this discoloration should be a pretty easy fix, no? Maybe apply a little bit of brown polish in the light area?

96F021AD-170E-4727-A31C-DF8C9F620667.png

8. Shoenut

I never try a spot fix. I would clean off old polish and apply a good old fashioned conditioner. Bick4, Lexol, or AE conditioner in the jar. This alone can go along way to “fixing” it. Then I would apply creme polish starting from lighter and going up to darker if needed. Do it in steps and you will get the shoe in great shape.

9. jet-stream

jet-stream Distinguished Member

I don’t consider myself an expert but wouldn’t let that discoloration hold me back. Depending on the type of polish you already have, add a few bucks to your budget for the shoes...

10. audog

audog Distinguished Member

03D2991D-8F53-4599-85DA-578780469379.jpeg Happy Suede Sunday fellow SF folks!

11. cardsfan89

cardsfan89 Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback @Shoenut and @jet-stream

I’ll keep this in mind for future shoes. I’m not in the market for these, but this is good information in case a shoe that I’m looking for pops up with a similar defect.

These could be a solid deal for anyone in 8.5 EEE. He’s asking $170 and they’re new with no other stated defects. @AEfaninTampa ?

12. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

Do you wear suits to work? I do. My black Parks are my most worn shoe. If you are in a bus casual environment, you'll probably get more use out of the Merlot McAs

13. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior Member

I have my packages sent to my parents 5 miles away so i don't have to answer questions.

14. cardsfan89

cardsfan89 Senior Member

Yeah, @cwestbrook - your intended use will help us provide feedback. Without knowing how you’ll wear them, the McG’s and McA’s are a better value. You can always get PA’s for full retail... you won’t always be able to buy Merlot McA’s for $245 or McG’s for $137-197

15. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior Member

I swear some of us are tracking each other size in a spreadsheet. I know im tracking @sthubbins pants size.