1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton which focuses on basic pieces customized to fit your body and your tastes.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2018 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fueco, Jan 1, 2018.

1. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

Yup. My Fifth Aves today are a good example of a factor affecting fit. My PAs are the same except for the toe cap and color, and yet...these hit my left ankle and have a bit more volume. As it finishes breaking in everything will be ok, but I probably should have given another pair a chance.

2. FiddlerJC

FiddlerJC Well-Known Member

We always look forward to your "A-E In The Wild" shots regardless of where they are from.

3. darkclassic

darkclassic Senior Member

I also picked up a pair of these (in no small part due to the weaselling of @instigateur). When they arrived I noticed they fit a bit long but also pretty tight across the instep for a 201. Figuring they have a bit more 'give' than calf I wasn't too concerned. Then I noticed I have a pair of Aberdeens that are more maroon than brown. A little too much overlap having these and the Aberdeens and Overlords in my collection.

Thought I'd chime in though as there will soon be an excellent pair of 11D brown Neumok 2.0s available if someone is on the hunt for one (mine are in route as a return). Also, if anyone is interested, as of a month ago the Aberdeen didn't show as available in first quality but my SA was able to get me one (mine are labelled Allen Edmonds on the insole and Brooks Bros on the outsole).

4. mkmk

mkmk Senior Member

Definitely use the downloadable guide to measuring your feet.

This sounds crazy, but you might get some useful feedback if you post the measured size here along with a pic or two of your feet in thin socks. Things like arch, instep, etc. are an important part of fit, and they're hard to describe.

5. audog

audog Distinguished Member

6. cwestbrook

cwestbrook Senior Member

I noticed the length as well but really not enough to make any difference for me.

7. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

It's wet as wet can be so the Strands get the call again today. They're the BB version (poron removed) so the tap sole is ideal. Natural history museum today.

20180416_113632.jpg

8. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Happy Monday forum pals. Blue shell on this sunny day. They go well with the olive pants, blue socks and the blue AE leather belt. BTW, AE still has a few of the black Fedora hats in medium only. They are a tremendous hat, IMO, for the clearance price of $39.

IMG_2882.jpg

9. RaiderATO

RaiderATO Senior Member

Each pair rubs the bottom of my outside ankle bone for the first few wears. On my Strands I had to shove some folded up card stock between the shoe tree and leather to speed up the process. It was the worst offender by far. A heel pad didn't feel right, so I just dealt with it.

10. audog

audog Distinguished Member

As always the most dapper member here. Congratulations on move to AZ you will be best dressed there as well.

11. aero25

aero25 Distinguished Member

So true.

12. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Distinguished Member

450A3628-0A18-4F7C-8326-5DFA2E334B11.jpeg
    5FCC5EDC-1894-4031-9B11-914CC6049319.jpeg
    A fine and pleasant Monday to you, fellow enthusiasts. The wintery weather just doesn’t want to let go. Banana Republic cords, Lands’ End olive chambray shirt, LL Bean shetland crew neck, dark chili MacNeils.

13. jpm1

jpm1 Senior Member

Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue in Dark Brown Burnished Calfskin Alton Lane Loro Piana Super 130 Custom Suit

1DD9A829-4E70-4304-905D-CEE7C372DE3D.jpeg

B345AEBE-6CF1-4FBB-81B2-6FC2DC1B2B3E.jpeg

14. sterlingindigo

sterlingindigo Senior Member

Agency audition today, hope I nailed it. Conference call with LA this morning so pardon the Illuminati gang sign. Brushed cotton twill jacket with ticket pocket and surgeon cuffs by Corneliani, Italy. Burgundy shell Mac Neil’s by Allen Edmonds, USA. Midnight blue flannel trousers by John Varvatos. Shirt by Culturata. J Crew chambray pocket square. Uncredited: merlot calf Manistee brogue belt.

A6C247D6-6EAB-45FD-B26F-759F6FC0E028.jpeg 908EB61F-341F-44A0-8951-25CCCC9F1ED5.jpeg

15. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

Love that suit material.
    You forgot to credit the clocks too ;p