• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A SA at my local AE store once told me that spit toe shoe trees can stretch your shoes a bit and that's why it's best to use their full shoe trees on AE shoes. Who knows if that's true or not...
That is true!

These look nice and I have also been thinking of doing these in brown shell. Can you please post some more pics when possible
Very nice looking.

That's a sharp looking shoe!
So additional 20% off would bring the snuff suede Dundees I've been eyeing down to $196. Thanks for the info. I almost bought them for $277 and now I'm happy I waited. I'll be waiting to jump on them. Hope none of you beat me to them lol.

Hmmm....that is if there is anything left by then. Usually on those sales it's slim pickings.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Presidents Day forum pals. I realized I had not worn the dark chili Rogues in a while and they got the nod today. LOVE the McTs @M635Guy

My favorite Allen Edmonds shoe!

Liverpools hot on the trail of some jive turkey....

My favorite AE boot

So my delevries are in.
Got the Walnut Liverpools. Ordered TTS plus one half size up letter down. TTS no go, just a bit tight. Others fit awesome. Which is good because the flaw on the TTS was dramatically different color and the the flaw in the one I am keeping best I can tell is a really subtle vertical strip that does not bother me a bit.

Daltons. Can now replace the ones that were too tight a week ago. Like these. Don't love them. But i would never forgive myself for not grabbing them while I can. I think Bourbon Daltons are the best color and at this price and with them not being available again for sure.

So yeah. That's six AEs this calendar year. One steal from a dabondo (Kirkwoods for $50) and First Aves.

From no AE boots to four pair.

Lastly, do you guys wear Walnut Liverpools with suits???
More liverpool!

Spent a few hours with some of my shoes this morning...it had been about a year or so.

Was just cruising the AE site and saw that the Shell Dundees are no more. When did this happen?

Looks great! The Shell Dundee left a few months ago. That is why I bought 2 of them in shell before the discontinued it.
Yeah, I'm really happy with them and figure they'll reduce my desire for something more vintage for the time being. I had been wanting the darker brown grain ones, but with these coming down to 149 on the Shoebank, I couldn't pass them up.
I don't own a brown grain, I had a football leather, I wonder if it's similar.

Last edited:

catlettsl

Reaction score
Going to sell 3 pairs of AE's size 13D. Used but good condition. Selling as a lot $160 CONUS
1. Brooks Park Avenue - brown
2. AE University - brown
3. AE Clifton- walnut

Inbox for info and pix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newberry

Reaction score

Hmmm....that is if there is anything left by then.  Usually on those sales it's slim pickings.

My size has been available for a while now. I'm actually thinking of ordering them a few days before March and going to a AE store for a price adjustment...

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm really happy with them and figure they'll reduce my desire for something more vintage for the time being. I had been wanting the darker brown grain ones, but with these coming down to 149 on the Shoebank, I couldn't pass them up.

Those look very similar to BB MacNeil in Chili that I bought last year. Because of the pebble leather, the color shows lighter. I've worn them a few dozen times and they look brand new.

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Not saying THAT guy is me, 'cause I have at LEAST three copies each of five different models.
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

Me neither.

Shoes4play

Reaction score
There was a post of olive strandmoks within the last few days, so if you go back a few pages you should find it. In unrelated, but similar news, I just received my $97 olive Neumok 1.0 2nds and took a quick picture of the first try on. I believe the olive color is the same as the strandmok. Naturally the big differences are these are wingtips with dark leather soles.

It's hard to determine what makes a distressed cowhide leather shoe a 2nd. There's just a bit of crinkle on the leather of the right shoe. It actually shows up better in the picture than you'd notice from even close up viewing. The pictures of the Neumok on AE's website even seem to show a little crinkle in the leather, so I think it's just a function of trying to build a shoe with soft cowhide. Even if these were firsts I wouldn't send them back for it.

I wasn't sure how I'd like the color, but seeing these in person I find them particularly attractive. The contrast stitching really highlights the broguing, and the dark soles offer even more of a nice contrast. I realize casual balmorals are something of an oxymoron rather like dress jeans, but I'm really loving my Neumoks and I'm glad I have two pair now. These fit exactly like my other Neumok 1.0 shoes did before they were broke in, so I fully expect these will be as comfortable as my other pair, which are easily my most comfortable shoes.

Love these.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@jet-stream I believe there is a way to set the crease in shell. The "pen trick", but honestly don't know what it is. I would imagine it involves pressing a stick or pen across the shoe in the spots where you want them to form the crease/roll. I've never tried it. But maybe someone here can explain it.

That is correct. You put a pen or pencil where the shoe flexes and flex it a couple of times.

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Normal....?

Wait, I own Daltons, First Aves, McTs, Maritimes, and Kirkwoods in multiple colors. A second HM, Cronmok, and MD chukka are on my short wishlist too. That's not normal?!

That is sooooooooo abnormal.

Um, wait a minute...

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've asked myself I I could ONLY have 2 pair of Allen Edmonds shoes. What would they be? And the answer is:

1) Rogue
2) Liverpool

How about you?

Shoes4play

Reaction score
I've asked myself I I could ONLY have 2 pair of Allen Edmonds shoes. What would they be? And the answer is:

1) Rogue
2) Liverpool

How about you?

1. Strand
2. Dalton

EvanNole

Reaction score
I made an interesting (well, to me, at least) observation this afternoon as I was comparing my new Dark Chili Daltons to my old Chocolate Brown ones: the new ones are a good deal taller than the old ones. Even when you make up for the fact that the new ones have a Dainite sole and line up the bottom of the uppers, they're still probably a good half inch taller than the old ones, which I purchased about 4 years ago. (The photos make the difference look even more dramatic than it actually is.) I don't know if it has something to do with the way the upper attaches to the Dainite sole being somehow different than what's done when attaching to the standard double butyl sole or if the style has just changed slightly over the past four years, but there's no denying the difference. Both shoes are of similar size.... The old ones are 10.5 D, but now that I require orthotics, I need a wider shoe, so I am selling the old ones and replacing them with these 10Es.

Anyone have any thoughts on the difference in height in these two boots?

Cheers and best wishes for a good week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads