• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing brown grain Kiowas (and a brown alligator belt) with a brown tweed suit.

Wearing brown grain Kiowas with a brown tweed suit.

(Same shoes and suit in both pictures. Got the suit at Brook Brothers in the fall of 1965.)
Looking great as always Roy. Still one of the best dressed men in LA!

Voice of Reason

Reaction score

This is true. Eventually I may spring for the brown grain, but t feel like I scratched the LWB itch with these.

Also, part of the reason I had liked the brown grain was because of the Dainitie sole- I didn't realize the dark chili came on a double butyl sole, so I'm not concerned about durability with that.

Also, the decision was helped along by the discovery that there were only 5 pairs of the dark chili left in my size in the system, vs I guess a bunch of pairs of the brown grain.

Motivated to wear brown grain today. The Players 2.0 brown grain + Dainite sole.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the age requirement for tassels?
smile.gif
*looks over at his Graysons*
Some say 40 others say 50. I say whatever age your comfortable wearing them
smile.gif

Only time I see tassel loafers seems to be when I fly and see others in the airport wearing them. They are invariably older men. For what ever reason I usually am wearing them too. And most of us are usually dressed pretty much the same LOL.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some say 40 others say 50. I say whatever age your comfortable wearing them :)  

Only time I see tassel loafers seems to be when I fly and see others in the airport wearing them. They are invariably older men. For what ever reason I usually am wearing them too. And most of us are usually dressed pretty much the same LOL. 

I'm still finding my style I guess but currently I love and have a hard time not buying every cardigan I see. Also tassel loafers are the shiz. The grayson in shell is calling to me along with the LHS in #8 that @orange fury brought up earlier. Maybe I'm an old person in a young person body?

Last edited:

jacksonkeeper

Reaction score
The only update needed is to go back to the 1.0. I'm not worried about them getting discontinued, or moved to a different last (though they did that a LONG time ago 8 -> 1).

What were the difference between the Leeds 1.0 and 2.0?

gm928

Reaction score
Sorry I post as soon as I see them at times I have gone back several min later and refreshed and gone.

At $159 they seem to go fast.

There's still a 10.5D pair shown as available. Someone should jump on them.

Weathered

Reaction score
How do your McGregors fit compared to other 5 last shoes? I recall then running a size big. Is this accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My McGregors are a 9D, and I both the Strand and McAllister in 9E. The blucher lacing helps.

I have recently been moving toward 9.5D instead of 9E based on an extended fitting session at a retail location, and I'm currently wearing 9.5D Strandmoks that fit wonderfully. The McG in 9D are really comfortable as well, but aren't quite as long and took some break-in in the arch area.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still finding my style I guess but currently I love and have a hard time not buying every cardigan I see. Also tassel loafers are the shiz. The grayson in shell is calling to me along with the LHS in #8 that @orange fury brought up earlier. Maybe I'm an old person in a young person body?
Or maybe you just have your shiz together
smile.gif
I wore a Filson cardigan over button down oxford and tie to work yesterday with walnut shell Daltons and Khakis. Too cold and too much snow here yet for loafers, although Spring is around that corner some place up ahead. If what you wear makes you feel good and YOU think it looks good then you will feel good. About yourself and others IME.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Solid advice @Cold Iron. I also got into colognes about the same time as shoes. That "community" is very diverse too. The young clubbers looking for panty dropping scents and others that figured out wearing a scent that appeals to yourself more than others always is the choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads